The Google Product Feed extension allows you to create a real-time feed to supply product information to Google Merchant Center, a prerequisite for setting up Product Ads.
Why use this?
- Extensive list of supported fields providing the richest possible data to Google – maximizing campaign performance
- Imports product data to Google Merchant Centre, but gives you full control over your ad setup & spend
- Don’t rely on limited auto-mappings – you have full control over mappings, allowing you to map existing product data onto Google’s required fields from your site’s taxonomies, attributes or product fields
- Capture data required by Google not normally held in WooCommerce using the plugin’s additional data entry fields
- Set up global store-wide defaults to ease the data-entry burden. Set values per-category for finer control, or provide product-specific information against products or individual variations if required
- Full support for WooCommerce’s importer and REST API for bulk importing data
- Real-time feed shows the latest information for your products
- Integrates with common WooCommerce extensions
- Extensive documentation covering setup and customisation
- Rich set of WordPress filters and actions allowing flexible customisation if necessary
Once your products have imported into Google Merchant Centre they’ll be available to your linked Google Adwords account, giving you the flexibility to set up product ads as you want. Using the full power of Google Adwords – you’re in full control of your ad setup and budgets.
Product data fields
The extension supports 50+ feed attributes including all mandatory fields. Simple fields such as link, title, image_link etc are all populated automatically for you. Other fields provide a simple one-click mapping to allow you to map across your product fields onto the feed. You can provide store-level, or category level defaults and the feed will automatically pick the right values to include.
Where you don’t have data, the plugin provides custom fields on your products to allow you to enter richer product data. These fields are all available to the standard WooCommerce CSV import tool, and exposed via the WooCommerce REST API.
Fields currently supported include:
- Core fields: availability, condition, description (short, long or both), ID, image links (including featured images, product gallery images , embedded content images, and support for custom images), link, price, sale price (including effective date), title (including ability to provide custom titles)
- Rich data fields: adult content flag, age group, brand, colour, consumer datasheet, consumer notice, energy efficiency class (including min/max), energy label, gender, google product category, GTIN, material, MPN, pattern, product detail, product highlights, product type, shipping label, size, size system, size type, tax category, transit time label
- Advanced fields: is_bundle, unit pricing measure & base measure, multipack, instalments, identifier exists flag, adwords grouping filter, minimum/maximum handling time, cost of goods sold, included/excluded destination, availability date, promotion ID, and custom labels
- Shopping actions-specific fields: google funded promotion eligibility, product fee, purchase quantity limit, return address label, return policy label, sell on google quantity
- Local-inventory-specific fields: pickup method, pickup SLA
Product review feeds
In addition to the standard product feed, the extension provides a Google Product Review feed which integrates with WooCommerce’s built-in review system to provide a feed of product reviews that Google can cross-link to your products to display more compelling product ads including product ratings.
These ratings can show star ratings on Shopping ads and, in some instances, on product listings on Google. These ratings can help shoppers with their purchase decisions, driving more qualified shoppers to your product pages.
The extension provides full feeds, and incremental weekly, and daily feeds. Review data is automatically linked with your product feed data to allow Google to match reviews to products, and you have the ability to exclude reviews from the feed if required to meet Google’s policies.
Integrated with other WooCommerce extensions
The extension includes automatic integration with a wide range of WooCommerce extensions, including:
- Product Bundles
- Composite Products
- Product Brands for WooCommerce
- Cost of Goods
- Min/Max Quantities
- Product CSV Import Suite
- and more….
The extension provides a number of feeds to help you integrate, including:
- Google Product feed – integrate your products to Google Merchant Centre so you can use them in surfaces across Google, and product ad campaigns
- Google Local inventory feed – set up local surfaces, and local inventory ads
- Google Product Reviews feed – send product review / ratings data to Google to enhance your product ad campaigns
- Bing product feed – integrate your products to Bing’s Merchant Centre so you can use them in product ad campaigns