Thanks for selecting the Bingo theme to create your WooCommerce website.
“Bingo Theme Documentation” is a guide to help you use the Bingo theme for your WooCommerce website.
To start using the Bingo theme, you need to download and install both the Bingo theme and the WooCommerce plugin.
Installation↑ Back to top
Before installing: Simply you’ve downloaded the theme package from WooCommerce.com > My Account > Downloads.
To install the theme, follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the “Add New” button on top.
- Click “Upload New” button on top.
- In the new interface click “Choose File” and browse your computer to locate “bingo.zip” file you downloaded.
- Click “Install Now”.
- After installation Activate the theme.
Required Plugins↑ Back to top
The “Required Plugins” are some tools that you need to use the Bingo theme properly.
- WooCommerce: You need to install the official WooCommerce plugin to display the shopping cart and products on your website. This plugin also has many other blocks that you may find useful.
- Jetpack: Jetpack is another plugin that you need to install. It provides different tools for your WordPress site, such as security, performance, and growth.
Import Demo Site↑ Back to top
Making the theme look like the demo version of Bingo
First, download the zip file containing the demo content here.
- Install and activate all the recommended plugins listed above.
- In your Dashboard go to Tools > Import.
- Choose WordPress importer from the list. If you have not installed it already, you need to install it first.
- Click Run Importer.
- Click Choose File and browse for the bingo-demo-content.xml file you downloaded and upload it.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so check the Download and import file attachments box.
- In your Dashboard go to Settings > Reading and assign the Home page to display in front and Blog page to display the latest posts.
Theme Customization↑ Back to top
If you want to customize the Bingo theme, go to Appearance > Customize > Bingo.
Setting up Menus↑ Back to top
You can assign your menus from Appearance > Menus.
There are 2 menu areas in Bingo.
- Primary Menu: Below to the logo
- Humburger Menu: Previous to the logo
Assign your menus to these areas according to your preferences.
Setting up Site Logo↑ Back to top
To change the site logo in the Bingo theme, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity.
- From here, you can upload a new logo or select an existing one. You can also adjust the size and placement of the logo if needed.
- Once you’re satisfied with the changes, click “Publish” to save the new logo.
Customizing WooCommerce Store↑ Back to top
To customize your WooCommerce store in the Bingo theme, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce.
- Here, you can configure and adjust various elements of your store, such as product pages, catalogs, product images, and more.
- Once you’re done customizing, click “Publish” to save the changes to your store.
CSS Customization↑ Back to top
To further customize the appearance and layout of your site in the Bingo theme, you can use CSS code. Here’s how:
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.
- Here, you can add your own CSS code to customize your site.
- You can make changes to various aspects of your site’s appearance, such as fonts, colors, layout, etc.
- Once you’re done adding your CSS code, click “Publish” to save the changes to your site.