Scenario↑ Back to top
Susan is the director of a local museum and wants people to book online to have competitive prices on the market.
- Museum is closed on Mondays, Christmas and January 1
- You can book for a day, then come when it’s best for you, there’s not a preferred time
- Adult price is $ 10 per ticket and children is $ 5
- Maximum number of people each day is 250
- On Sunday adults pay half price and children ticket is free
- You must print your booking receipt as the barcode on it will be needed to verify your ticket (optional, you need WooCommerce Order Barcodes 1.1.1 for this)
Products Used↑ Back to top
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
Museum Tickets↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Products > Add New to create a bookable product for the museum.
- Scroll down to Product Data > General tab.
- Select Bookable Product from the dropdown.
- Tick the box for Virtual because nothing requires shipment.
- Tick the box for Has Persons.
- Set Fixed Blocks of 1 Day for the booking duration.
- Go to the Availability tab.
- Enter Max Bookings per Block and Min/Max Block Bookable as appropriate
- Enter Range Type and Days/Dates and whether it is bookable. More info at: Create a Bookable Product.
- Go to the Costs tab.
- Enter the Base, Black and Display cost as appropriate
- Enter the Range Type, Days/Dates and Base/Block cost if using.
- Go to the Persons tab to set different prices, e.g., Adults, children, seniors, members, etc.
Barcodes↑ Back to top
This is optional and requires the use of WooCommerce Order Barcodes.
If you have purchased and installed it, be sure to activate it and configure settings at: WooCommerce > Settings > General > Barcodes. More detailed instructions at: WooCommerce Order Barcodes Setup and Configuration.
Usage↑ Back to top
This is what the visitors to the website will see:
If also using WooCommerce Order Barcodes, place an order and receive this on the Thank you page:
Ask customers to print or download this page and bring it with them because the barcode is needed to verify validity of payment.
Questions and Feedback↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.