The First Data UK Gateway extends WooCommerce allowing you to take credit card payments via First Data Connect.
Note: This product is no longer for sale at WooCommerce.com. Documentation is not being updated.
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce.com account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Installing and Managing Plugins.
Requirements↑ Back to top
- A First Data UK Merchant account
Sign up with First Data↑ Back to top
- Go to firstdata.com.
- Get in touch with an agent to help you select a solution/plan right for your business.
- Set up your First Data account.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Use the toggle under Enabled to select First Data UK.
- Select Set Up. You are taken to First Data UK settings.
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout
- Store ID – ID given to you by First Data Merchant Solutions
- Shared Secret – Provided to you by First Data Merchant Solutions
- Test Mode – Tick the box if you have a testing account and would like to try a few payments before going live. Remember to untick when ready to take real payments.
- Enable Logging for troubleshooting purposes. Should be left unticked otherwise.
- Save changes.
In your FirstData Account, you need:
- Confirmation Page (“Thank You”) : Select > Automatically display specified URL after the payment process
- Failure Page (“Sorry”) : Select > Automatically display specified URL after the payment process
- Overwrite Store URLs : Select > Allow URLs to be overwritten by those in the request of Connect transaction
Usage↑ Back to top
Checkout Flow↑ Back to top
A First Data option is shown during checkout:
If selected, the customer is redirected to a secure First Data page to make payment:
After payment, the order is marked Processing, and the Thank You page is shown to the customer.
FAQ↑ Back to top
Errors received when the customer is redirected to FirstData.↑ Back to top
Your FirstData account has two sets of credentials, once for testing and one for live transactions. If you are getting errors, confirm with FirstData that you have the correct details.