Adding images for the featured slider and post thumbnails ↑ Back to top
Go to the Flash News Custom Settings panel below your blog/page post form to add an image to a post for the featured slider to display correctly, and the thumbnails for the home page and archive blog posts.
Select an image on your local computer using the Choose File button then click Save. The image is automatically resized for the featured slider (if required) and post thumbnails.
Note: The image resizer can shrink an image to a smaller size, but cannot stretch an image to be larger than the uploaded size.
Adding Featured Posts (Homepage Only) ↑ Back to top
Setting up the featured section
- Create or identify a specific post category that you wish to use as your featured category. To create a category, go to Manage > Categories in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Flash News Options and select the category as the Featured Category.
Adding the post (basics)
- Go to Write > Post.
- Enter a title for the post and the content.
- Select the appropriate category (as specified on the theme options page – above).
- Copy a section of that content to display as the shortened summary on the homepage.
- Paste into the Excerpt field.
Adding an featured image
Follow instructions specified above for adding an image to a featured post.
Adding Videos (Footer) ↑ Back to top
Setting up the video section
- Create or identify a post category that you want to use as your video category. To make a new category, go to Manage > Categories in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Flash News Options and select the designated category as Video.
Adding a new video
- Go to Write > Write Post in your WordPress admin.
- Select the category for your videos (same category you specified in Flash News Options).
- Copy the complete embed code for the video (see screenshot below).
- Paste the embed code in the Flash News Custom Settings panel below the content form. Videos are automatically resized.
Setting up Asides ↑ Back to top
Setting up Asides, where you can display short blog posts with links to articles of interest elsewhere, follows the same process as setting up the featured section.
- Create a category dedicated to the Asides posts. It need not be called Asides.
- Go to the theme options panel and open the Asides Widget panel.
- Select the category you created for this section.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the Woo – Asides module to the sidebar.
- Enter a title, and select the number of posts you want to appear.
Setting up special page templates ↑ Back to top
- Go to Write > Page in the WP admin panel.
- Enter a page title. Ignore the page body content.
- Scroll down to the Page Templates box and select the page template you wish to use (see screenshot).
Widgets ↑ Back to top
There are four custom widgets you can add to a widgetized area:
- Woo – Asides
- Woo – Flickr
- Woo – Ad 300 x 250
- Woo – Ads 125 x 125