We have an unwritten rule on Trello – you may assign yourself to two idea cards and two in development cards at once. This is the fairest way to stop authors stock-piling the best extension ideas for themselves!
Please supply us with a short screencast, walking us through the basics of your product. This helps our marketing and support teams get a better overall understanding of your product, and assists the auditing process.Once you’ve fully tested the extension and feel it is ready for audit, drag the card to the New Plugin Audit list. Remember to double check everything (with wp_debug on) before submitting. If we encounter any errors, the card will be moved straight back to the development list. When you move the card the Audit list, you’re declaring “The extension is complete – I am happy for customers to start paying for it” – so please make sure it works as described! 🙂 If the extension integrates with a third party service (such as a payment gateway), please attach testing details (such as account IDs API keys, etc.) to the card for us to test with. At this stage, you should also begin thinking about writing documentation and a product description for the listing page. If you need author access to the documentation site to draft your content, post on the P2 or extension card. Once we’ve tested the extension, we’ll respond on the card with feedback and notify you of bugs if amendments are required. In this case, the card will be moved back to the development list pending your changes. Once you’ve fixed the issues, drag the card to the audit list again and the process repeats until all issues are resolved. Once we’re happy with functionality of the extension and satisfied that everything is working, the card will be moved to a list treated as a preliminary launch queue. If your extension is here, then it’s your responsibility to deliver documentation and sales content in accordance with the due date on the card (or as soon as possible, if no due date is set). The sales template for listing content can be found at WooCommerce Extension Template. The better the page, the more sales you’ll get, so consider including screenshots and videos. If you supply the html markup, you’ll save us a bunch of time 🙂 At this stage, add to the card:
- Shortlink to your extensions documentation at docs.woocommerce.com (add to the card description)
- Your WooCommerce.com username (add to the card description).
- Your PayPal ID (add to the card description).
- Sales content (Attach a .txt. Use markup in the template if possible – images can be hosted at docs.woocommerce.com if you like).
- Relevant screenshots.
- Cropped logo on a white background (Payment gateways/shipping methods).
- URL you want us to link to here.
- There are a lot of cards on our Trello board (seriously must be some kind of record). To create easier viewing, use the filter tool to only display cards that you’re assigned to.