Theme Overview ↑ Back to top
Maximize Theme Demo: demo2.woothemes.com/maximize
Installing your Theme ↑ Back to top
To learn how to install your theme please reference our documentation here: Installing a Theme
Checking your theme version ↑ Back to top
You can confirm your theme and WooFramework version by going to: Maximize > Framework
Activate your Theme Key ↑ Back to top
After you install your theme, be sure to activate your theme key by downloading and installing the WooCommerce Helper plugin. This will verify your site when contacting support and will enable 2-click updates for quick theme upgrades down the road.
Updating your theme
It is very important to ensure you have the latest version of your theme at all times. This is the best way to proactively troubleshoot issues on your site.
Homepage Overview ↑ Back to top
The Maximize homepage is very simple, dedicated to only one thing, displaying your images full-screen. There is no other content built to display on the homepage other than the Slides and navigation (including the search and cart options).
If you don’t want to display a full-screen image slider on the homepage, the alternative is to simply display a static page, which you can select via Settings > Reading.
Adding your Logo ↑ Back to top
You have two options when adding a logo to your site. You can either use a text based Site Title and optional Tagline or you can use an image based logo as shown in the demo.
To upload your own image based logo:
- Go to: Maximize > Settings > General Settings > Quick Start > Custom Logo.
- Upload your logo image – we recommend using either a .jpg or .png for this.
- Save All Changes.
If you don’t have an image based logo, you have the option to add your Site Title and Tagline, you will find the settings for this just below the logo image upload area.
To enable the text based Site Title and Tagline:
- Go to: Settings > General to enter your site title and tagline.
- Go to: Maximize > Settings > General Settings > Quick Start and check the box to enable the text based site title and tagline.
- Optionally Enable the site description and adjust the typography settings.
- Save All Changes.
Homepage Featured Slider ↑ Back to top
The Maximize theme displays a Featured Slider on the homepage. To set this up go to Maximize > Settings > Featured Slider > Slider Content. From here you can set the number of slides to display on the homepage, optionally choose a Slide Group (category), or whether to show a title on Video slides or what order the slides should display.
To add slides to your homepage:
- Go to Slides > Add New.
- Add slide content in the main content area, including a title and description.
- Add a Featured Image for the slide.
- Scroll down to review additional options in Maximize Custom Settings for URL to link to or to add video embed code.
- Publish slide to save.
Add a Button to a Slide
WooCommerce Settings ↑ Back to top
To review the following WooCommerce Homepage Options go to: Maximize > Settings > WooCommerce > General.
- Upload a Custom Placeholder to be displayed when there is no product image.
- Display a Header Cart Link in the main navigation.
- Enable/disable the Header Product Search.
Business Page Template ↑ Back to top
The Maximize theme comes with a Business Page Template to help display additional content on your site, including support for WooSlider, Features and Testimonials plugins. You must purchase the WooSlider plugin separately in order to use it on the Business Page Template.
Go to: Maximize > Settings > Layout > Business Template to select the business page modules you would like to display.
To setup the business page template:
- Go to: Pages > Add New.
- Add a title and the page content.
- Go to: Page Attributes > Template just below the publish module to select the Business page template.
- Publish the page.
Setting the Business Page Template as the Homepage ↑ Back to top
To set the Business Page Template as your Homepage go to: Settings > Reading and select the Static Page – Front Page as your newly created Business Page (instead of the recent posts setting).
To learn more about how page templates work please see our video tutorial here: Page Templates
Including WooSlider in the Business Page Template ↑ Back to top
The Business Page Template slider uses the WooSlider ‘Attached Images’ slideshow type. After you have purchased, downloaded and activated the WooSlider to include the slider on your business page template:
- Go to: Maximize > Settings > Business Template to select Display WooSlider.
- Next, go to: Pages > Edit to add images to your newly created business page.
- Select Add Media.
- Upload as many images as you’d like.
- Close (X) the Media Uploader pop-up window.
- Finally, save changes by selecting Update.
You must upload images directly to your business page template in order for the Business Page Template WooSlider feature to show.
Adding Features and Testimonials ↑ Back to top
To add Features or Testimonials to the Business Page Template you must first download and install each plugin. To learn more about this please see the docs here: Features Documentation | Testimonials Documentation
Image Dimensions ↑ Back to top
Here are the ideal image dimension to use for Maximize. Larger images will be dynamically resized to fit, while smaller images will be stretched larger to fit. Product images will scale width and height and will not be cropped into a square (unless you use the ‘Hard Crop’ setting found in WooCommerce > Settings > Catalog > Image Options). For greatest control of your image sizes, it is best to save out your images to the exact size before uploading.
Recommended Image Sizes ↑ Back to top
- Homepage Featured Slider suggested minimum dimensions: 1500px x 1000px
- Testimonials icon images: 50px x 50px
- Single Blog Post Page Images maximum width: 899px
WooCommerce Product Images ↑ Back to top
To adjust the Shop Image settings go to WooCommerce > Settings > Catalog and scroll to the bottom of the page to find image size settings. If you change these settings after you’ve uploaded images, you must Regenerate Thumbnails for the changes to take effect.
Featured Blog Images ↑ Back to top
To set the Featured Blog Image size for the blog page go to: Maximize > Settings > Dynamic Images > Thumbnail Settings.
To learn more about Featured Images please see our tutorial here: Featured Images
Subscribe & Connect ↑ Back to top
The Subscribe & Connect functionality for the Maximize theme can be used on single post pages or with the Subscribe & Connect widget.
To add social media icons to your single posts page go to: Maximize > Settings > Subscribe & Connect > Setup and select Enable Subscribe & Connect – Single Post.
To setup Subscribe & Connect go to:
- Subscribe & Connect > Connect Settings to link the icons to each social media page.
- Subscribe & Connect > Setup to enable the related posts in the Subscribe & Connect box (example below).
- Subscribe & Connect > Subscribe Settings to setup the email subscription form.
- Maximize > Settings > General Settings > Subscription Settings to enter your preferred RSS feed URL.
Here is an example of the Subscribe & Connect panel on a single post page with about the author enabled:
Here is an example of the Subscribe & Connect Widget in the footer:
Contact Page ↑ Back to top
To setup a Contact Page:
- Go to: Pages > Add New
- Title your Contact Page
- Go to: Page Attributes > Template just below the publish module to select the Contact page template.
- Publish your page.
- Go to: Maximize > Settings > Contact Page to enter the Contact Form Email address.
- From here you can also enable the information panel (see below), and enable the Subscribe & Connect panel to display your social icons (see demo example)
- Be sure to Save All Changes when finished.
To learn more about how Page Templates work please see our video tutorial here: Page Templates
Contact Page Maps ↑ Back to top
To setup Google Maps:
- Enter your Google Maps coordinates. Example: -33.924868,18.424055 – To find the Google Cordinates, search for your location on a Google Map, right click the pin and select “What’s Here”. This will input the Google Coordinates in the search box.
- Optionally disable mousescroll for all the Google Maps on the site. This could improve usability on your site.
- Set the map height.
- Set the Default Zoom Level.
- Select the Map Type: Normal, Satellite, Hybrid or Terrain.
- Enter Map Callout text to be shown when you click on the map marker for your location.
Custom Maximize Widgets ↑ Back to top
The Maximize theme includes 5 custom widgets in addition to the Woo – Component widget mentioned above. Here are the other 5 custom widgets:
- Woo – Adspace
- Woo – Blog Author Info
- Woo – Embed/Video
- Woo – Flickr
- Woo – Subscribe/Connect
To learn more about how to add Widgets please see our tutorial here: How to Add Widgets
Blog Page Text Widget ↑ Back to top
In the Maximize theme demo you will notice a site description in the sidebar of the pages. This is done with the Text Widget.