When using WooCommerce Payments, you have two options to sell subscription products:
If your store has been using subscriptions functionality built-in to WooCommerce Payments, you may want to begin using the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension if your business:
- Needs some of the advanced features only available in the extension, like switching or sign-up without a payment method.
- Needs to accept recurring payments via payment methods not available in WooCommerce Payments, like PayPal.
- Your subscription revenue justifies the annual cost of the WooCommerce Subscriptions subscription.
To move to using the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension:
- Purchase the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension
- Install the extension in your WooCommerce store
- Activate the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension
Your store will automatically begin using WooCommerce Subscriptions to power recurring payments instead of subscriptions with WooCommerce Payments.
Your store will also have access to all features, including additional payment methods.
Newly purchased subscriptions will use the on-site billing engine with no additional fees, instead of the off-site billing engine. This includes those subscriptions paid with WooCommerce Payments. Existing subscriptions will continue to use the off-site billing engine and the additional subscription fee will continue to be charged.