Stripe Link is a simple and secure way to pay across any site that uses it, not just WooCommerce Payments sites!
Enabling Stripe Link ↑ Back to top
To enable Stripe Link, follow these steps:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Payments > Settings.
- Make sure that “Credit card / debit card” payments are enabled in the “Payments accepted on checkout” section.
- In the “Express Checkouts” section, check the box for Stripe Link.
- You’re done! Stripe Link should start working automatically.
New Stripe Link User Experience ↑ Back to top
When a customer goes through the checkout on your site for the first time after you enable Stripe Link, they will see the following field asking for their phone number:
Whether or not they choose to enter their phone number and save their information into Stripe Link, the rest of the checkout process will work as normal.
If they do enter their phone and elect to save their information, Stripe will create a Link account for them using the email address they entered in the checkout form. These accounts can be managed via the Stripe Link website.
Enrolled Stripe Link User Experience ↑ Back to top
If a customer already has a Stripe Link account, whether it was created on your site or any other site that uses Stripe Link, the checkout process will become much faster.
As soon as they enter their email address on your checkout page, they will see this prompt, asking them to verify their phone number:
Stripe Link will automatically send a message to their phone number, and when the customer enters that into the Stripe Link popup, they will be asked to double-check their payment method and shipping address like so:
After the customer has selected their payment method and address, and then clicked Autofill Checkout, their information will be automatically put into the appropriate checkout fields. From there, the checkout process continues as normal.
Logged In Customer Experience ↑ Back to top
If a customer has an account on your site and also has an existing Stripe Link account, they will see this Stripe Link logo in the email field of your checkout page:
By clicking that logo, the Stripe Link phone verification popup will trigger, just like in the Enrolled Stripe Link User Experience section above. From there, the checkout process works exactly the same as described in that section.
Managing a Stripe Link Account ↑ Back to top
Customers with a Stripe Link account can manage their account via the Stripe Link website, where they can add and remove payments methods and addresses, learn more about the security of Stripe Link, and delete their Stripe Link account if they wish. The Stripe Link documentation has guidance on how to perform these tasks.
Caveats ↑ Back to top
While Stripe Link may seem similar to Apple Pay or Google Pay, the way it works is slightly different, so there are a few things to note.
- Please note that the Stripe Link integration in WooCommerce Payments does not support checkout pages built with WooCommerce Blocks yet.
- Although Stripe Link is listed in the Express Checkouts section of the WooCommerce Payments settings, the customizations that are available for Apple Pay and Google Pay do not apply to Stripe Link.
- While it’s enabled, Stripe Link will always show on the checkout page only. It does not show on the product or cart pages.