Reviews on the WooCommerce.com marketplace enable us to better inform customers about our products and services, and help with purchasing decisions. They also give customers a chance to pass feedback to our support and product development teams.
Customers who buy a product on WooCommerce.com can leave a rating from one to five stars and a few words about their experience.
- Check the documentation for the product.
- Reach out to us for further assistance and submit a support request.
Before leaving a negative review, let’s first try to resolve the issue together.
To review a product:
- Log in to your WooCommerce.com account.
- Go to the product page on WooCommerce.com. If you’ve bought the product, you’ll see a “Review this product” at the top of the page. Click on the link.
- Or click the “Write a review” button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your star rating. Add any other responses you like. The more information you can give, the more helpful your review is to other people.
- Be about the product you purchased and/or support you received. Reviews that criticize the Marketplace Terms (such as pricing or subscription terms), rather than the product they’re associated with, will be removed.
- Provide an explanation of the rating. Reviews that simply say ‘Great!’ or ‘Doesn’t work’ won’t help other customers understand a product better.
- Be longer than 10 words.
- Not be a link or advertisement for third-party products or services,
- Not be a “Support Request”.
- Not be just a feature request. To best surface feature requests, you can submit your idea through the Feature Request Portal.
- Be about the current available version, not a past release.
- Be accurate and honest. For example, if you say you’ve reached out to developers for support, we’ll verify that, and remove the review if it’s not true.
- Contain no spam, profanity, or affiliate links.
- Not include personal information, such as your email address, phone number or mailing address.
- Not direct people to a competing product or competing marketplace, unless your review explicitly calls out a feature or functionality disparity.
If we consider a review to be irrelevant, untruthful or inappropriate, we may remove it and give the reviewer an explanation and the opportunity to revise and resubmit their review for publication.
We reserve the right to determine whether a review violates our guidelines.
Ratings are associated with a specific version of an extension.
To find out what version of an extension you’re using on your site, log in to your WordPress site and go to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Anyone can mark reviews for potential removal if the content is in violation of the guidelines outlined above.
To flag a review, click on the three dot icon on the review and then the “Report review” menu option.
Flagged reviews are sent to us for moderation: we’ll review them within 10 business days.