Description ↑ Back to top
As with any piece of software, our themes have a file structure that makes the individual files easy to find, and future files easy to categorize. The same goes for any theme running on the WooFramework. Any given theme could includes over 150 files. So keeping things orderly is very important.
Folder Layout ↑ Back to top
All themes start in the root directory; where most of the WordPress related template (or Hierarchy) files are located. Inside the root are the folders representing more collection of theme files, mostly added by Woo. Below is a typical example of what you could expect inside one of our themes:
- / This is the root of a theme
- /ads/ Frequently used ads will be put in a separate file for ease of use.
- /cache/ The cache folder is crucial for the image thumbnail to work.
- /css/ This is reserved for themes with more than the normal amount of stylesheets. Also used for storing IE specific, and CSS3 effects stylesheets.
- /functions/ The all-important core Woo framework files are located here.
- /images/ Theme images reside here.
- /includes/ Important theme-specific framework files are located here.
- /lang/ Theme localization files are stored here.
- /styles/ Alternative styles to the theme can be found in here.
The Functions Folder ↑ Back to top
This is the core of any given WooTheme. It contains lots of resources for powerful, non-theme-specific features that come bundled with a WooTheme. It generates the options backend and also powers the thumbnail-er that’s so popular with many of our themes, among other things. You will never have to, nor should, alter this folder.
The Includes Folder ↑ Back to top
This is “your” folder. It contains a basic file structure. See below:
- /includes/sidebar-init.php Sidebars for your theme are created here.
- /includes/theme-options.php This file holds the templates for the theme and custom field options.
- /includes/theme-widgets.php All widgets for a theme are to be found here.
- /includes/theme-functions.php Miscellaneous scripts that power various theme functions are added here.
- /includes/theme-comments.php This file makes up the comments module.
- /includes/theme-plugins.php Popular plug-ins are automatically added in this file for ease-of-use
The Lang Folder ↑ Back to top
All Woo support localization. This folder holds all the translations available for a theme.
The Images Folder ↑ Back to top
This folder contains images used in a theme’s front-end. Note that this folder does not contain the images for alternative styles.
The Styles Folder ↑ Back to top
Our themes come packed with a set of alternate styles to make your theme look different in a matter of seconds. The stylesheet files, and their relative folders containing the images for that specific alternate style, makes up the collection of an alternate style for that theme.