Sometimes the best time to check your store isn’t the best time to be at your computer – on a train, in a corridor between meetings, on a beach. Enter the new WooCommerce Mobile App to make store management easier!
Manage WooCommerce, Wherever You Are
However, whenever, and wherever you manage your store, the new WooCommerce Mobile App puts WooCommerce in your pocket for at-a-glance metrics, notifications, and more.
The first app we released was iOS-only, but we’re pleased to have released the new and improved version for both iOS and Android.
- Track your store: See which products are performing best and check your overall revenue, and view order and visitor data by day, week, month, or year.
- Manage orders: Scroll, filter, or look up specific orders. Tap to view order information — including product(s), value, customer data, shipping details, and notes — and do basic order fulfillment.
- Real-time order alerts: Get notifications about store activity, including new orders and product reviews. There’s even an optional cha-ching sound!
How to Get The App and Connect Your Store
If you have an idea or suggestion for the mobile app, we’d love to hear it: search the public ideas board and sign in to upvote or add new requests.
- A device running Android 5.0+ / an iPhone 5s or any models thereafter running iOS 11+.
- The Jetpack plugin (the free plan is fine), connected to your store.
Why do I need Jetpack?
The Jetpack plugin connects your self-hosted site to a WordPress.com account and provides a common authentication interface across lots of server configurations and architectures.
Both Apple and Google only allow a single trusted sender for pushes for security reasons (read more), making Jetpack the best way for us to give you modern mobile app features like push notifications.
As part of the required connection to WordPress.com, Jetpack caches* data locally on the WordPress.com servers. If you’d like to know exactly what data Jetpack syncs, here is the full breakdown.
Kudos to Team Hogsmeade
At Automattic, we name our teams all kinds of strange things – like Alpha, Air, and Helios. In this case, Hogsmeade is the magical team that did the majority of work to bring your new app to life.
Try the WooCommerce Mobile App Today
We hope you’ll try — and love — the new app! Let us know in the comments about your experience.
P.S. We’re grateful to everyone who signed up for beta testing, gave feedback, and played a role in the development process. If you’re interested in helping us to test WooCommerce core releases, future app features, or anything else, sign up for the Design Feedback Group.
*EDIT: 24 January 16:01 UTC: We removed the phrase «shadow site» from this section as it sounded weird and doesn’t best reflect what’s actually happening – which is just standard cloud data backup.