Role-based dynamic pricing for B2B / B2C and wholesalers
Roles & Rules is a role-based solution for both B2B / B2C customers. Do you have loyal customers or perhaps want to start with sales to wholesalers / B2B customers, this is the solution you should consider. Easily set up roles for your customer groups and create bulk pricing rules for all roles including guest users (B2C). Imagine you have VIP customers that you want to give 5% on all products in a category, perhaps add a dynamic price rule like: buy 3 or more get 10%, a simple task with Roles & Rules B2B.
Maybe you have plans for a B2B store where you want to show the products to B2C customers but not prices and the opportunity to shop, with Roles & Rules this is just a click in settings and you have a private B2B store. Or what about storewide sales for one or more roles? Again a simple task, you can even set the time when the sale will start and end. Where other solutions have their own price fields, Roles & Rules only relate to your current product prices, easier and less administration for you.
Roles & Rules B2B key features:
- Easy to manipulate prices for roles / members.
- Easy to manipulate prices for guest users (B2C).
- Create bulk pricing rules for categories, products and subscriptions.
- Create dynamic pricing rules for categories and products like: Buy 3 get 40% discount.
- Easily create roles you need for your wholesaler B2B / B2C store.
- Create storewide sales based on role, day and time.
- Add coupons to your rules for extra discounts in shopping cart.
- Private store option.
- Exclusive VAT option for B2B roles.
- Possible to hide products and categories.
- All prices are calculated based on the current product price (no extra price field added).
- Increase or decrease prices in percent or fixed amount.
- A number of possibilities for manipulating the B2B store in settings.
- Included languages: English, Spanish, French and Norwegian.
- Easy to set up and a simple user interface.
- An easy way to set bulk discounts for any roles in your store.
Quick activation of roles
The tabs in Roles & Rules make it easy for you to navigate and get your role-based solution live. If you want to set some general rules, do them in General (the first tab). In the General tab, you can set the rule to active (active role marked in green). In this tab, you can also add coupons and set up storewide sales.
Price rules for categories
Easily add and set up rules for categories
- Set discount rules per category
- Set quantity rules per category
- Tag categories on sale
- Hide categories and associated products
With rules for categories, you can easily set up your store with discounts such as category 1 = 50%, category 2 = 30%, and so on—mark the category on sale if you like. In addition you can set up dynamic pricing rules like buy 3 or more, get 40% discount. (will be labeled in the store)
Price rules for products, variables and subscriptions
Set rules for any product or any variant in your store. Use the convenient product search and add products to the rule list. Set pricing rules such as: increase or decrease the price in percent or set a fixed price for your product or add dynamic pricing rules like buy 3 or more, get 40% discount. The product list includes a handy image magnifier, product current price as well as various ways to set the right price for this customer role. The products you select a rule, and set a value for, automatically become active, in an active role. There’s also an option to hide single products.
Easy add the roles you need for your B2B or B2C store in the Roles (tab). The created roles get the same rights as the customer role. After adding roles you can use the button ‘Add Users to Role’, then you are directed into user administration and can easily bulk set users to the new role.
Automatically add coupon discounts
You can easily use coupons and attach them to a rule. You can give extra discounts if the customer buys a certain amount, or you want to offer free shipping or another benefit. Each rule has a drop-down box with your coupons, and a button to edit these, or create new ones when you need them. The coupons are automatically added to the shopping cart and at check-out.
In addition to the general rules, there is an option for storewide sales for a selected role. Setting up a sale is easy, just set “reduce price” by a factor like a percentage, set a start/end date for the sale and start/end time if you like and save rule. When the sale starts, it shows up just like any other sale in your store with sales badges and so on. The sale option enables you to have different sales for different roles whenever it suits you.
Price format and price reductions
In the example above, we have used the selection in settings: Use net prices for B2B, this means that you can easily have your B2B / wholesale store with only prices ex. VAT if you want and your B2C store will run independently with prices including VAT.
Example above shows role prices for a guest user using an order form (Bulk Shop for WooCommerce).
Prices on a variable product page, shown ex. VAT (option in Roles & Rules B2B settings)
After login, with a B2B Role, the shop can look like this. There are several options for setting prices, VAT and labels for prices, found in settings. In Roles & Rules’ settings, you also find several options for showing percentage reductions and labels for this.
The extension has an option to only show prices and shopping functions for logged-in users. This option is found in settings. When the option is set, your store does not show any prices or add-to-cart buttons. The add-to-cart button’s name is automatically changed to “Read more” (product). With this option, you can create a B2B store that shows your end customers’ products and does not display prices. By default, (not logged in) the store shows your regular prices and the shop functionality you already have.
You can set up a role for some of your Wholesaler customers and give them a 10% general discount on all products. First, you add a role, this using the included add roles (tab) in Roles & Rules B2B. Then you go to the Rules (tab) and add a rule for this role.
- Wholesaler 10
- We set up a general rule including a 10% discount (this percentage is automatically reduced from the regular price of the products).
- We have good profit on decor. We want to give a 20% discount on this category. So we:
- Check the Decor category in the general rule for categories.
- Input 20 into the field below (this value will use this percent as set for the rule).
- Check the “On Sale” checkbox (customers will now see the sale prices).
- Check the active rule using the checkbox in the column Active, then Save the rule to activate it.
- If we have other categories we want to set special discounts on:
- Find the tab – Categories
- Check the categories you want to have rules for + Add categories (button)
- Hide a category and its products – just check the hidden checkbox
- Set up your discount rules and save (button)
- Set up your dynamic price rules like buy 3 get 40% discount
- And finally, for some selected products if we want to set unique prices we can:
- Enter the Wholesaler 10 rule
- Search for a product + Add (button)
- or select a category and all the products in that category will be listed
- Set up a price rule and / or a dynamic price rule like buy 3 or more get 20%
- Save the changes
This was just one example of how to set up a rule for a role. See the product documentation for more information about rules.
Configure your store and price labels
The settings for Roles & Rules makes it easy to set your labels, make the store private, add coupon label (cart/checkout) or make prices ex. VAT for B2B customers.
- Storewide sales for any role.
- Set rules for guest users (B2C) NEW
- Start and end dates for sales.
- Start and end time for storewide sales NEW
- Easily and seamlessly add roles.
- View the count of users for every role.
- Link to WP Admin Users for easy assignment of users to a role.
- Easily create rules for every role.
- Set percentage or fixed-price reductions.
- Increase prices using percentage or fixed value.
- Specific rules for categories:
- Set bulk discounts / increases
- Set dynamic bulk discounts (buy 3 or more get 40% discount) NEW
- Set on-sale
- Set categories as hidden (hide a category in a store and its products)
- General rules for categories.
- Select categories and a value (increase or reduce based on the general rule).
- Selected categories can be set to: “On Sale”
- Product rules
- Set discounts / increases
- Set dynamic discounts (buy 3 or more, get 40% discount) NEW
- Hid products
- Automatically set coupon discounts for any rule
- Option to hide prices and shop functionality for users who are not logged in.
- Option to hide Retail price
- Option to set text after Retail price and B2B price
- Option to show a reduction in percent and label before or after
- Option for Net prices for B2B store / prices excluding tax NEW
- Access roles: Shop manager and administrator.
- Includes POT file for translations
- Included languages:
- English (US)
- Included languages:
The extension is compatible with
- WooCommerce products and variations
- WooCommerce subscription and variations
- Bulk Shop for WooCommerce
- Product Bundles
- Currency Switchers
Information and requirements
- WooCommerce 3.0+
- PHP 5.6+