Manage categories, assign product categories and use product filters
Bulk Category Editor allows you to work efficiently with categories. Do you want to add, update, or delete categories in bulk? There’s no need to look any farther; you can also use the search and replace functions (regex). The plugin has an inline table editor that allows you to make changes and save them all in one step. In addition, the plugin has a great feature for adding, changing, or deleting product categories.
Do you require a product filter that include: categories, search and attributes in your store? It’s provided, and it’s simple to customize in the product filter tab in the extension. A shortcode (with an ID) is created automatically for you to copy and paste into your layouts. Change the labels, font sizes, colours, layout, hide categories, and more to make the filter your own.
- Bulk functions
- Bulk add, update and remove categories
- Bulk add and delete category images
- Search and replace (regex) functions
- Table editor for fast inline edits
- Color coding for subcategories
- Hide description (make it easier to find categories)
- Sort categories (drag and drop)
- Filter by category or search (filter) in table
- Bulk add, replace and remove categories on products
- Product filters, includes categories, search and attributes (frontend filters for your store)
- Set colours, labels, sizes, layout and more
- Search in products
- Exclude categories (alter queries)
- Filter by categories and attributes (or combined)
- Price range filter NEW
- Toggle attributes (expand / collapse lists)
- Works with Elementor and other
- Ready to translate (includes POT file) – default English
More specific list of features is listed in the bottom of this page.
For stores with a modest number of categories, the default category page is frequently acceptable, but what if your site has hundreds of product categories? The Bulk Category Editor’s unique interface presents your product categories in a table style, giving you a bird’s eye perspective of all your data. In a matter of seconds, you may see and update category names, details, imagery, and slug information. Subcategory colour coding and the ability to hide descriptions make it simple to identify and change your categories.
Quickly Add New Product Categories
With the Bulk Category Editor for WooCommerce, you can bulk add categories directly from within the extension dashboard. Simply enter a category name and description, select the parent category (if any) and upload a unique image. If you want to bulk create categories, use the last row in the table, select a parent category (optional) and enter your category names.
Set categories on your products
Restructure your product categories easy using the ‘Move Products’ feature.
Bulk set, add or remove categories to products
Need to add multiple products to a category? Select the product category you want to edit, refine your selection using the filter in the “Products” tab, select the new category assignment and click « Add Categories. » In seconds, you would’ve assigned a new category to multiple products. A progress bar will display to alert you that the products are being reassigned.
Replace and Remove Categories
As well as adding categories, with Bulk Category Editor, you can also replace and remove categories in bulk. Select the categories you want to edit, refine your selection and select the new category to replace the old, or select the category you wish to remove. This feature is great for quickly reassigning products that fall into the Uncategorized category by default.
Create category and attributes filters to use in your frontend shop templates. The product filters it is easy to add, update and remove in Bulk Category Editor (admin). You can set font sizes, colours, labels, layout, exclude(hide) categories, queries (settings) and a lot more. When you have created a filter, just click the shortcode and it is copied, then just paste it in your shop templates (i.e your theme shop page, sidebar widget or use it with i.e Elementor (shortcodes)).
Filtered result in clothing category
Create the filter
The filter editor let you change titles/labels, font sizes, colours, buttons, box layout, exclude categories and much more. Please look at the documentation for more information.
More about the category functions
View and Manage Nested Categories
Perfect for online stores with an extensive product portfolio, with Bulk Category Editor, you’ll get a clear picture of all of the categories in your store. With a quick glance, you’ll be able to see and manage all of the nested categories in your store.
Easily Change Text Using the Built-In Search and Replace Function
Need to change a word or phrase in several categories? The Bulk Category Editor for WooCommerce helps you bulk change categories thanks to a handy search and replace function. Select the Search and Replace function, enter the text you wish to change and specify the text that should replace it. Clicking the ‘Do’ button will automatically replace the text across all categories. Use this feature to replace or remove text when bulk products import with incorrect naming conventions or unnecessary text.
Add Text to Category Listings in Seconds
If you’d like to add a word or phrase to a product category, the ‘Add text before’ or ‘Add text after’ function lets you do just that! Enter the word you’d like to add text before or after and all listings with the respective word will appear. Specify the text you’d like to add before or after the word and hit ‘Do’ to preview the updated listings.
Extend the Category Description Box for Lengthy Text
Detailed, SEO-optimized category descriptions will help your store display favourably in search engines. If you have a lengthy category description, drag the bottom right corner of the text area box to give you more space to enter a long description. With the Bulk Category Editor for WooCommerce, you can bulk add categories directly from within the extension dashboard. Simply enter a category name and description, select the parent category (if any) and upload a unique image.
Stress Less With the Bulk Save Feature
Don’t worry about hitting ‘Save’ every step of the way. As you work, the extension will register which rows have been edited, marking these rows with a tick in the checkbox. As soon as you click one of the two ‘Save Changes’ buttons, every row that has been edited will save at once.
View and Edit Category Featured Images
With this extension for WooCommerce, you can bulk edit product images directly from the dashboard. Not only does Bulk Category Editor’s interface let you view the featured images related to your categories—great for keeping track of multiple rows of products—but it also lets you add, replace or delete images without leaving the dashboard. Option to bulk set and remove category images – NEW
Use the Filter Function to Quickly Sort Through Categories
Great for online stores with a multitude of categories, the category filter lets you sort and specify categories to edit. Enter a word or phrase related to a category and it’ll automatically begin filtering as you type. You can search for a name, category, description or slug using the filter function.
- Bulk edit categories functions like:
- Search and replace
- Add text before or after name, description or slug
- Undo / redo functions
- Add categories in bulk or single
- Delete categories in bulk
- Search filters on category, name, description and slug
- Select category filter – NEW
- Sort categories – NEW
- Set parent categories and display types in bulk
- Add, update or delete category images
- Bulk update / delete category images – NEW
- Table editor for fast inline edits
- Hide category description – NEW
- Colors showing subcategories – NEW
- Move products:
- Filter categories
- Filter by products (name, SKU, categories and tags)
- Product table with key values like: ID, name, SKU, tags, price, on sale, product type and categories
- Bulk move (set) categories to products
- Bulk add categories to products
- Bulk remove categories to products
- Category and attributes filters (product filter in your shop) – NEW
- Use in your shop templates (shortcode with just ID)
- Easily set font size, labels, colors, layout and much more
- Exclude categories (in filter and query)
- Search in products – NEW
- Hide attributes filter – NEW
- Price range filter – NEW
- Paging and search for categories and products
- POT file for easy translations (default language: English)
Bulk Category Editor is compatible with:
- WooCommerce products and variations
- WooCommerce subscription and variations
- Perfect companion with Bulk Table Editor for WooCommerce
- Bulk Shop for WooCommerce (filters)
- Other product types
Minimum PHP version: 5.2