Add BuddyPress groups, activity, members, messages, and forum discussions to your Sensei Courses.
Want your students and teachers to interact with each other? BuddyPress for Sensei turns your course driven website into a social education platform, creating a seamless bridge between the popular BuddyPress social networking plugin and Sensei.
- Easily tie any Sensei Course to a BuddyPress Group.
- Course participants automatically get added as members to the group
- Group becomes private to course participants and invited members
- Course Lessons become visible at the group
- Course activity gets streamed into the group feed (optional)
- Forum gets added to the group (if bbPress is enabled)
- Course featured image becomes group avatar (if no group avatar has been set)
Activity is one of the core features of BuddyPress, allowing users to interact with each other in real-time. When a course is tied to a group, course actions are optionally added to the group’s activity stream. Group admins can determine which actions to allow in their group, including:
- User starts a course
- User completes a course
- User creates a lesson
- User completes a lesson
- User passes a quiz
- User comments on single lesson page
- Your members can view their Active and Completed courses in their profiles.
- Teachers and Students get added as filterable tabs in your Members directory.
- Teachers get a quick link in their profile to the “Add Course” area in the WordPress dashboard.
- All Sensei user links redirect to member profiles (instead of author pages).
Sensei comes with a basic messaging component. If BuddyPress Messaging is enabled, all Sensei messaging is replaced with native BuddyPress messaging, giving users a consistent experience and more powerful messaging capabilities.
If bbPress is enabled, a forum will be tied to every “course group” automatically, using the same name as the course for the forum title. Group members can then discuss the course in one central location.
How to Get Started
- Download this extension 🙂
- Set up your Sensei courses
- Install BuddyPress, enabling the components you want
- Install bbPress for forums
- Start linking courses to groups and configuring your options.
- That’s it! Have fun interacting with your students!