Adding Images To Posts (Using the Image Resizer)
Many of the different template pages within Live Wire, uses an embedded image within a post when displaying the post to the user. This means that you need to add a custom image to a post should you wish to display the image with the post. If you decline to add an image to a post, it will not be displayed and won’t disrupt the theme in any way.
Our themes use a custom image resizing script (thumb.php) which will dynamically resize, crop & create an image in the appropriate size needed for the template.
Screenshot 4: Live Wire Custom Settings.
- On your Write > Post tab, complete all of the standard fields when adding a new post.
- Now scroll down to the “Live Wire Custom Settings” panel (just below your Post Revisions). Click on the “Browse” button to find the image you want to your use on your local computer. Once you’ve found it click “Save” and the url will automatically be inserted.
- Save your post and voila!
Adding Featured Posts (Homepage Only)
Setting up the featured section
- First you need to create or identify a specific post category that you would like to use as your featured category. You can create a category by going to Manage > Categories in the WP admin panel.
- Now go to Live Wire Options and select the appropriate category as the “Featured Category”. Then save those options.
Adding the post (basics)
- Go to Write > Post.
- Type a title for the post and complete all of the post’s body content.
- Make sure to select the appropriate category (as you have specified on the theme options page – see above).
- Once you have completed the post’s body content, copy a section of that body content, which you will use as the shortened summary of the post on the homepage. Now paste that section of content into the “Excerpt” field further down the page.
Adding an featured image
Please follow the exact instructions as specified above in section #3 for adding an image to the featured post.
Adding Videos (Sidebar)
Setting up the video section
- First you need to create or identify a specific post category that you would like to use as your video category. You can create a category by going to Manage > Categories in the WP admin panel.
- Now go to Live Wire Options and open the “Layout Options” panel. Then select to “Display Video” and choose the appropriate category as the “Video Category”. Then save those options.
Adding a new video
- Go to Write > Write Post in your WordPress admin panel.
- Select the category for your videos (the same category as the category you specified in Live Wire Options).
- Now you should have the YouTube page open to copy the video embed code.
- You will now need to enter this code into the “Text Area” field. Don’t worry about width and heights of the video as the theme will resize it automatically.
- Click Publish.
Using Other Video Services
You can use any other video services (eg. Google Video, Vimeo, Revver etc.) if you’re not a fan of YouTube. You would simply need to copy their embed code and paste into the “Text Area”.
Live Wire includes two widgetized spaces to allow you more customisation options.
- Sidebar 1 (the left sub column in the sidebar);
- Sidebar 2 (the right sub column in the sidebar)
Note: You will need to go to Appearance > Widgets to add any widgets to these spaces. By default the theme will not display anything in these spaces, until you add your own widgets.