The Invoice Payment Option extension enables you to add a new invoice payment method to let customers place orders without making any payment. Display the new payment option based on user roles, product in cart, order amount, quantity and other conditions.
You can rename the payment method to Pay Later, Pay by Invoice or give it any other name that suits your business requirements. Once the order is placed, the customer will receive the standard WooCommerce order email. If needed, you can separately send the invoice by using quickbooks, Xero, or using any PDF invoice extension.
After the order and payment confirmation, you can send a direct payment link using the default WooCommerce feature to let customers pay using the default WooCommerce checkout process. Alternately, you can choose to receive payment via other channels such as banking checks, cash on delivery, etc.
The following are use cases where this extension can be extremely helpful but not limited to!
When working with a company, they usually require an invoice before making the payment. Using this extension, you can allow your customers to place an order without payment. The admin can later on send the payment link to merchants to receive payment via WooCommerce default checkout.
When placing bulk orders, the customers are sometimes reluctant to pay upfront and need assurance before paying. The extension allows them to place orders and once confirmed, they can proceed with the payment.
Features of WooCommerce Invoice Payment Option
- Automatically creates new payment method “Pay by Invoice”
- Customize title, description and default order status
- Create multiple rules to show/hide payment methods by
- Shipping method
- Customers and user roles
- Specific products, categories or tags
- Minimum & maximum order quantity and amount
- Country, state, city and zip codes
Customize payment option label:
Once the extension is installed, you can configure the newly created invoice payment method from WooCommerce > Settings > Payments. You can customize the label and other details of the payment method. You can also configure the default order status for orders placed using this payment option.
The invoice payment options appears along with other payment methods on the front-end.
Trigger Invoice Payment based on various condition:
You can create multiple rules to trigger the invoice payment option based on variations conditions like product in cart, order amount, user roles, country and more.
While creating a new rule, you can configure the following options:
- Add rule title
- Select shipping method (enable invoice payment option for selected shipping method)
- Enable invoice payment for virtual products
- Enable for selected customers and user roles
- Enable for specific cart quantity and amount range
- Enable for specific product, product category and tags
- Show to selected countries, states, cities or zip codes
Minimum PHP version: 5.2
The most customizable eCommerce platform for building your online business.