Klarna CheckoutDeveloped by Krokedil
Information & Requirements
- Klarna Checkout works for merchants selling in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Denmark and United Kingdom and United States.
- An SSL Certificate is required.
- This plugin integrates with Klarnas latest platform. You need an agreement with Klarna specific to the new platform to use this plugin.
- Supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), required for transactions within the European Economic Area (EEA).
A checkout built for conversion.
Klarna Checkout comes with everything you need to create the smoothest shopping experience for your customers, including seamless customer identification and accepting all major payment methods. It’s built to improve your business performance — converting browsers into happy customers.
How it works.
By offering our complete online checkout solution, you make it easy for your customers to shop how they prefer, often with a single-click. With a simpler buying process, you’ll get more loyal customers and less abandoned baskets.
Whether you’re a retailer or a shopper, we’ve got your back. We take full fraud and credit risk for sellers, while giving full protection to buyers. We also put control in the hands of customers via the Klarna app – gathering all orders in a single place. With the app, your customers can manage their purchases, chat with customer service 24/7 and even report returns.
With pre-filled info for returning customers, and single-tap payments, shopping has never been easier. The simple and constantly optimized checkout flow will make fewer people drop off.
- Customer loyalty
Exceeding the customer’s expectations will increase both satisfaction and the number of happy, returning customers. Our 24/7 customer support is always ready to help.
- Minimized risk
Klarna takes the full credit and fraud risk on all purchases for you, for all payment methods. Even when a customer makes a return, we cover the chargeback cost.
- New traffic
Partnering with Klarna will increase your website traffic. Our strong brand and influencer collaborations speak to shoppers, who are actively looking for retailers that offer our payment methods.
Klarna Checkout lets you provide your customers with truly smoooth purchase experiences.
Our checkout is a seamless and mobile optimized solution that comes with all our payment methods through a single integration. Klarna will improve your checkout experience by providing direct payments, pay after delivery options, and installment plans that let consumers pay whenever and however they prefer. It identifies the customer and enables one-click repeat purchases across Klarna’s merchant network, resulting in increased average order value and conversion rates.
You’ll have one agreement, one point of contact, one settlement file, one payout.
- Mobile-optimised online checkout.
- Management of all transactions including card and APMs.
- One-click repeat purchases.
All payment methods included in Klarna Checkout.
Buy now, Pay later
Pay later in full is a deferred payment that gives shoppers an extra 14, 21, or 30 days to try before they buy.
Spread the cost with Interest-free installments
Increase sales by letting your customers split their payment into interest-free installments.
Pay over time with Financing
Give your customers the option to buy now and spread the cost with monthly payments, interest free or interest bearing.
Pay now, with direct payments
Pay now accepts all direct payments for a fast, convenient checkout.
How to Get Started
- Sign up for Klarna Checkout: To offer your customers the benefit of paying with Klarna, you must first sign up for a Klarna account and gain access to the Klarna Merchant Portal. You’ll be up and running in no time with our new onboarding. If your business is registered in the United States please submit your contact details here.
- Install the plugin on your site. During this process you will be asked to download Klarna Order Management so you can handle orders in Klarna directly from WooCommerce.
Klarna Shipping Assistant in your Checkout
Klarna Shipping Assistant is a dynamic way of presenting shipping options. It helps merchants increase conversion and customer satisfaction at the point of purchase by making the selection of logistics products user friendly and efficient. With Klarna shipping service you don’t have to maintain your own shipping selector, freeing up a lot of time otherwise spent on technical maintenance.
Merchant portal access always included.
The Merchant Portal is your one-stop shop to manage everything Klarna. With a single log in to the Merchant Portal dashboard, you’ll get access to multiple tools for hassle-free business management and successful growth with Klarna.
- Easily track your business performance with an aggregated daily sales overview.
- Get the summary of important to-do’s and never miss out on revenue.
- Manage your brand directly in the Merchant Portal and control how it’s presented to consumers across Klarna channels, including our shopping app.
- Increase sales and average order values with On-site messaging, read more here.
Many people decide how they want to pay before they click the buy button. On-site marketing lets your customers know what their financing and payment options are before they enter the checkout. It is simple to integrate and provides tailored messaging ranging from generic banners to financing availability and personalised credit promotions on product or cart pages. The service also provides eligibility checks in supported markets. Activate on-site marketing through Merchant Portal.
What’s the difference between Klarna Checkout and Klarna Payments?
Klarna Checkout is a complete online checkout solution designed to increase sales and customer loyalty. Klarna as your single payment provider keeps everything under one roof. You’ll have one agreement, one point of contact, one settlement file, one payout with Klarna Checkout.
Klarna Payments are standalone payment methods. With Klarna Payments you can complement your checkout with a Klarna hosted widget located in your existing checkout