Create Members-Only Store Features and Discounts
The Ultimate Memberships for WooCommerce extension transforms shop elements from public to private for members-only. You can create multiple membership plans and grant access to specific products, categories, pages, and posts. Admins can also offer discounts based on current plans for different products and categories.
Manually add new members or grant memberships to users based on registration, manual validation, and products purchased. Admins can add additional custom fields to collect extra information from customers during registration and from their My Account pages.
Create a dedicated members’ area page under customers’ My Account sections to inform customers about products, categories, content, and discounts available with their current membership plans.
- Create multiple membership plans
- Grant access based on
- Account registration
- Account registration (admin approval required)
- Manual assignment by admin
- Products purchased
- Configure membership-plan duration in days, date range, or unlimited period
- Restrict content access including:
- Blogs and pages
- Post types and taxonomies
- Products and categories
- Ability to hide the entire product, the Add-to-Cart button, or the price
- Offer discounts on selected products in percentages or fixed amounts
- Enable custom tabs in the dedicated members’ area found under the My Account page
- Show accessible products, categories, blogs, pages, and discounts
- Customizable email notifications for membership activation, pending, ending soon, expired, or renewal
- Separate members listing page
- Filter members by plan
- Manually add new members or edit existing members
- View members details including:
- Active membership plan
- Membership statuses and start and end dates
- Custom fields data
- Send notes to members about new offers and more.
- Add multiple custom fields and display them
- At registration
- At checkout
- On the My Account page
- In Admin-only area
- Supports nine field types
- Text, email, and number
- File upload, text area, and dropdown
- Multi-select, radio buttons, and checkboxes
- Make fields editable by admin only or both admin and customer
- Completely hide content, show except, or redirect to custom pages
- Add custom redirects after login and registration
- Exclude on-sale products from membership discounts
- Remove hidden products from listing pages
- Display custom messages when users try to access the hidden content
- Setup separate messages for blog posts, pages, products, and purchasing discounts
The Ultimate Memberships for WooCommerce extension offers an attractive dashboard that provides basic information about different plans which includes the total, active, pending, and expired members along with a bar-chart display.
Create multiple membership plans
With the Ultimate Memberships for WooCommerce extension, you can create multiple membership plans and provide access to specific products, categories, pages, and offer discounts.
When creating a new membership plan you can configure the following options.
Add plan name and access requirements
In the first step, under the general settings tab, you can configure the
- Plan name
- Grant access upon
- Manual assignment
- User account registration
- User account registration with manual validation
- Product purchase
- Membership length
- Date range
- Number of days
- Members My Account Area
If you want to manually add members to a plan, select the Manual assignment option. Members can’t add themselves to the plan. Admins must add users to specific plans from the backend.
User account registration
As soon as the user registers, they will be approved for this membership plan.
User account registration with manual validation
The extension will display a dropdown on the registration form to let customers select the membership plan during registration. Only plans linked to user registrations will be available as choices on the registration form.
This membership will be approved as soon as the user purchases a specific product.
Length of plans
In all four options, you can set the length of each plan.
You can choose to enable specific tabs for members-only content, products, discounts, notes, and management.
Content restrictions (pages, posts)
From the content tab, you can add restrictions for specific posts, post categories, pages, post tags, and post types for non-members. The pages you select will immediately be marked as hidden for all users and members except those who belong to the specific membership plan.
From settings, you can choose an action for non-members who access these members-only pages. You can hide the page completely, show page excerpts, or redirect users to another page if they try to access a members-only page or post.
Product and category restrictions
From the products tab, you can manage the visibility of products and product categories. The extension allows you to manage visibility in four different ways.
Only members can view and purchase
The product is hidden from non-members and visitors. Only members will be able to view and purchase the product.
Only members can purchase
The Add-to-Cart button is hidden from non-members. The prices will remain visible. Only members will be able to view and purchase the product.
Only members can purchase and see prices
Members can view prices and purchase products. Non-members can only view products—the prices and Add-to-Cart button will not be visible.
Only members can view
Members can view the product, but the prices and Add-to-Cart button will not be visible. Non-members cannot see products.
From extension settings, you can choose to hide restricted products from shop, category, and other listing pages. You can access this setting from UL Membership > Settings > Visibility.
From the fourth discounts tab, you can offer discounts on specific products and categories for the members of this plan. You can offer different discounts for each product and set discounts in fixed or percentage amounts.
You can exclude on-sale products from discount rules. You can access this setting from UL Membership > Settings > General.
Membership status emails
From the email tab, you can configure plan-specific emails, content, and send emails when membership plans are:
- Ending soon
The extension offers eight variables to include important information about membership statuses.
Selected membership tabs display under the Members’ Area on the My Account page.
The extension provides a separate grid listing of all members enrolled in different plans. You can filter members by status, plan, and more.
You can add new members or edit the details of existing members including:
- Membership plan, start date, end date, and current status
- Custom fields data (profile fields)
- Member Notes (The admin can add a note for members and display them under the My Account > Members’ Area > Notes section.)
You can choose to notify members via email when submitting new notes for them.
Custom member fields
The Ultimate Memberships for WooCommerce extension offers a unique feature. It allows you to create additional custom fields to collect extra information from your members. Collecting more data helps maintain a high-quality membership database.
You can create and customize the following field options:
- Choose from nine field types
- Text, text area
- Email, number
- File upload
- Dropdown, multi-select
- Radio and checkbox
- Customize field labels
- Make fields dependent on membership plans.
- Make fields display only for admins or for admins and customers
- Choose to display fields
- At registration
- At checkout (displays in a separate section from membership fields)
- On the My Account page
- On the member profile (Admin)
Make fields dependent on membership plans
Fields dependent on specific membership plans will display to current members enrolled in that plan. For user-account registration plans, these fields appear on the registration form and change depending on the plan selected by users.
Redirect after login and registration
You can choose to redirect users after login and refer them to internal pages or custom URLs. It’s a handy feature to improve user experiences as members are redirected to a specific area of the website based on their current plan.
You display custom messages to non-members for hidden blogs posts, pages, products, and discounts. For example, if membership is required to access the product, page or to receive a discount.
The extension offers different variables to make messages personalized and more meaningful for customers. For more details see the documentation.
Is Ultimate Membership compatible with the WooCommerce Subscription extension?
Currently, Ultimate Membership sis not compatible with any subscription extensions. We plan to add integration with WooCommerce Subscription.
Is it possible to import and export members?
It’s not available in our extension, but it’s in our development pipeline for the future.
Can we show fields on the Checkout page?
Yes, you can choose to display fields on the registration, Checkout, and My Account pages. On checkout pages, the fields display in a separate section called Membership fields.
Minimum PHP version: 5.2