Canvas has come a long way since its birth in February 2010. As we continue pushing out new and updated code in every version, our goal is to make Canvas the ultimate theme for beginners and developers alike, through lean code and a helpful feature set.
Meet Canvas 5.5
Our goal with Canvas is to enable the creation of attractive websites with a few small clicks. If you’d like to dive deeper into the code, that’s possible as well.
We read your feedback and ideas daily on WooIdeas. The biggest request we’ve seen was a full width slideshow option. Canvas 5.5 now includes support for this. We’ve also updated the styling to move towards a simpler, flatter default styling on navigation, buttons and boxes.
Here are some of the new additions to Canvas 5.5:
- Added Full width Business Slider option on Business page template
- Added slider overlay options
- Added full styling support for Testimonials by WooThemes (replaces Feedback post type)
- Added full styling support for Features by WooThemes
- Added widgetized area in top right header
- Added cart drop-down in the navigation
- Updated styling on shortcodes
- Updated styling on slider pagination and arrows
- Updated default styling on navigation
- Updated map location on contact page
View all of the changes in our changelog.
Canvas 5.6 Roadmap
The Canvas train never stops moving. Here are a few of the items we’d like to include in version 5.6:
- Improve functionality of Woo Component widget
- Re-work the slider code to make it easier to use
- Improve our demo by adding many different pages which will showcase the awesome functionality of Canvas
- Continue to “lean and mean” the code base and prepare various components for transfer into plugins.
We’re excited to see how the latest updates to our flagship theme help you to develop eye-catching websites with just a few clicks. If you have any issues with upgrading or you think you’ve found a bug, please submit a ticket to our Help Desk.