Easily Accept Credit Cards with First Data
Let your customers easily and seamlessly check out on your site with First Data. Capture more sales and reduce cart abandonment by taking advantage of First Data TransArmor credit card tokenization, allowing customers to securely and safely save their cards for future checkout. Benefit from tons of great features like enhanced checkout forms, Subscriptions support, capturing charges, and more!
You can now opt to show detailed decline messages to your customers, no more “an error occurred” error messages!
This First Data plugin supports three gateway modes available from First Data:
- Payeezy Gateway: Payeezy Gateway (formerly GGe4, will soon be known as Clover Gateway), lets you accept credit card payments via First Data directly on your site, and supports TransArmor tokenization.
- Payeezy (API): Payeezy Gateway merchants can upgrade to Payeezy (ask your First Data rep!) to take advantage of the Payeezy.js library while maintaining the features they love. Payeezy supports all features of Payeezy Gateway, but it also tokenizes card information client-side before sending it away from your site for increased security and reduced PCI compliance burden.
- Global Gateway (Formerly Linkpoint): This legacy First Data solution is also supported to process credit card transactions for merchants who can’t yet upgrade their First Data accounts.
- Accept all Major Credit Cards – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club, JCB
- Customers can securely save their payment method to their account for easier checkout*
- Process automatic refunds from within WooCommerce NEW*
- Capture charges for pre-authorized transactions directly from within WooCommerce NEW*
- Void pre-authorized transactions to cancel orders from within WooCommerce NEW*
- Full Support for WooCommerce Subscriptions*
- Full Support for WooCommerce Pre-Orders*
- Show detailed decline messages at checkout to help customers complete transactions NEW*
- Supports TeleCheck for eCheck processing NEW*
- Legacy Global Gateway support
- Support for Soft Descriptors (multiple sites on one merchant account)*
*Not supported by Global Gateway
Securely Save Customer Credit Cards
Customers can easily and securely save multiple credit cards to their account for faster checkout when you use TransArmor tokenization via First Data. Payment data is stored on First Data’s secure servers, so your responsibility for PCI compliance is significantly reduced. Customers can then select a saved card to pay for future orders.
There’s no limit to the number of cards a customer can store on their account! Customers can also add new methods or remove payment methods from the My Account page.
TeleCheck Support – NEW
Both Payeezy Gateway and Payeezy modes allow you to accept TeleChecks for one-time payments if TeleChecks are enabled for your First Data account.
Capture Charges within WooCommerce – NEW
Some merchants choose to set the payment gateway to only authorize charges rather than authorize & capture them. However, this requires the merchant to then log into the payment gateway admin to capture charges. Versions 4.0+ of this extension allow you to optionally capture previously authorized transactions directly from the WooCommerce Edit Order screen rather than logging into your Payeezy control panel to do so. Simply edit the order, select the “Capture Charge” action, and charges will be captured through Payeezy.
You can even capture charges in bulk for multiple orders!
Support for Automatic Refunds – NEW
Shop employees can now process refunds for an order paid for with First Data directly from within WooCommerce — no more logging into your Payeezy account to process refunds! Speed up your store management by creating full or partial refunds from the “Edit Order” screen and sending the transaction automatically to First Data Payeezy by clicking “Refund via Credit Card”.
Support for Soft Descriptors
First Data allows a single merchant account to be used across 150 different websites – this is achieved through the use of “Soft Descriptors”. The soft descriptor allows for a secondary business name, address, and phone number to be recorded into the customers’ credit card transactions — great if your parent company holds the merchant account, but operates several child companies. You can now enable the use of soft descriptors using this gateway integration, but they must be enabled for your First Data merchant account.
Full Support for Subscriptions and Pre-Orders
First Data is an ideal gateway for WooCommerce Subscriptions, offering support for all of Subscriptions features – subscription date changes, payment date changes, and more. The gateway also fully supports WooCommerce Pre-Orders, so you can take customers’ payment information upfront and then automatically charge their payment method once the pre-order is released.
How to Get Started (in 5 minutes or less)
- Buy this extension 🙂
- Download and install into your WooCommerce store
- Login to your First Data Payeezy account (sign up for a demo account to quickly get started if you don’t already have an account) and grab your API information
- Save this information on the settings page
- That’s it! Sit back and enjoy full-featured payment processing!
Need any more reason to buy? When you purchase a SkyVerge-developed extension, you’re getting the highest quality extensions for your WooCommerce store. Gain peace of mind by knowing that when you purchase our products, your store’s performance is as important to us as it is to you.