PayPalDeveloped by WooCommerce
Information & Requirements
- WordPress Version 5.3 or newer (installed)
- WooCommerce Version 3.9 or newer (installed and activated)
- PHP Version 7.0 or newer
- PayPal business account
Power up your business with PayPal
Choose the name trusted by 320M+ customers and unlock the power of the most globally recognized name in digital payments.2 Securely accept more payment methods than ever, including debit and credit cards. Help drive sales and growth across all platforms and devices in a single solution. Get started today with no setup or monthly fees and enjoy these key benefits:
Simplicity: Get the checkout capabilities you need with one trusted partner. Let your customers pay the way they want – PayPal, pay later options, debit and credit cards and local payment methods – for nearly anywhere you do business.
Growth: Access new channels and new markets. Connect with PayPal’s 320M+ customers around the world. Accept card payments in 26 countries at competitive pricing. Enjoy an improved checkout experience that drives conversions and customer lifetime value. Help improve your cash flow, with instant access to funds the moment a sale is made.
Security: Get additional peace of mind with advanced Fraud Protection. PayPal’s powerful two-sided network safely processes one billion payments a month and gets smarter with every transaction. Leverage the power of the network to detect fraudulent transactions and mitigate risk to buyers and sellers.
Why use the PayPal plugin?
- Accept global payment options: Accept PayPal, pay later options like PayPal Credit and Pay in 4, major debit cards, credit cards and local payment methods with just one extension
- Accept PayPal options only: Choose to only offer PayPal payment options
- Buy now, pay later options: Present PayPal Credit and Pay in 4 on your product, shopping cart and checkout pages, so that your customers can enjoy flexible payment options
- Enable a seamless checkout experience: Our customizable checkout flow is designed for conversion and optimized for mobile
- Offer easy checkout: Let customers pay directly from product and shopping cart pages
- Offer checkout flexibility: You can accept debit and credit cards from customers who do not have an account with PayPal
- Reach new markets: Connect with active PayPal users in 200+ markets around the world with support for 100+ currencies
- Manage risk: Leverage the best tools to help protect you and your customers’ transactions, such as advanced Fraud Protection, 3D Secure 2.0, PSD2, and others
- Achieve PCI-DSS compliance: Hosted fields enable payment processing on PayPal’s secure servers
- Enjoy product updates: Benefit from new features and enhanced functionality with free updates, built and supported by WooCommerce and PayPal
- Get started easily: The official plugin is free, has no monthly fees, and only requires a one-time integration with quick set-up
Give your customers their preferred ways to pay
Shoppers are up to 60% more willing to purchase from an unfamiliar online store if PayPal is accepted.4 Offer the peace of mind and convenience your shoppers demand.
- Pay later options with PayPal Credit and Pay in 4
- Major credit and debit cards – Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.
- Local payment methods – SOFORT, iDEAL, giropay, MyBank, BLIK, Bancontact, EPS, Przelewy24 (P24).
Accept card payments in 26 countries – with no monthly fees. With PayPal, you can start accepting debit and credit card payments around the world, with one checkout. Enjoy competitive pricing and instant access to card payments in your account with PayPal.
You also have the option to only offer PayPal and PayPal Credit simply by configuring your payment settings in the WooCommerce admin panel.
Buy Now, Pay Later solutions (U.S. only)
You can let customers buy now and pay later with Pay in 4 and PayPal Credit. With both PayPal Credit and Pay in 4, your customers can pay over time, but you still get paid in full at the time of sale. Businesses with pay-over-time messaging on their site saw a 56% increase in overall PayPal average order values.4
- Pay in 4: Customers pay for their purchases in four interest-free payments.
- PayPal Credit: a reusable credit line with special financing on purchases of $99 or more. See consumer terms here.
- Dynamic messaging allows you to display the most relevant pay later option to customers based on the products they are browsing—offering them the extra buying power they need to complete the purchase.
- Customers can pay with Pay in 4 and PayPal Credit directly within your existing PayPal checkout flow so it’s easy for you and for them.
- Funds usually appear in your PayPal business account in minutes.
As a PayPal customer, there’s no extra charge to use the Pay in 4 and PayPal Credit offers on your site. Simply continue paying your normal fees.
Offer a seamless checkout experience
PayPal’s customizable checkout flow is designed for conversion and optimized for mobile. You can customize payment button shapes, sizes, colors, and layout. Let customers to shop directly from your product pages with fewer clicks and fast checkout.
Grow globally with the name global shoppers trust
PayPal helps you reach new customers around the world. In fact, 59% of PayPal shoppers said they abandoned a shopping cart because PayPal wasn’t accepted.3
- 100+ currencies
- 200+ markets
- 53% of all online shoppers were more likely to browse a retail site if PayPal was visible.4
Your security is our top priority
As a pioneer in online payments for the last 20 years, payment security is in PayPal’s DNA. Our powerful, two-sided network securely processes more than 1 billion payments each month – and our machine-learning fraud tools get smarter with every transaction.5
Advanced Fraud Protection from PayPal comes with the following security features:
- PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) compliance and Advanced 3D Secure 2.0 protection on all card transactions
- PCI-DSS compliant solution to enable payment processing on PayPal’s secure servers rather than your own website
- PayPal’s signature Purchase and Seller protection on eligible purchases and sales. Limits apply.
- 24/7 fraud detection and monitoring on every transaction
Keep your business running smoothly
With a single, secure checkout, PayPal helps your business stay flexible and efficient. Access funds from card payments instantly, send money or make a payment from your bank account. You’re credited immediately while the payment is processing. Funds settle instantly into your PayPal business account.
Get simple, transparent pricing
No integration costs. No monthly fees. Clear pricing.
Please see PayPal fees here.
Get started with Easy Onboarding
Set up your new checkout in just a few clicks. The PayPal plugin provides you with a simple way to set up a new PayPal business account, or use an existing one.
- Login to your WooCommerce account and navigate to your admin panel
- Go to Settings > Payments
- Click Manage, next to PayPal
- Click Connect to PayPal. You will be taken to your PayPal account or you will be able to set up a business account through the integrated signup flow.
- Once completed, your WooCommerce and PayPal accounts will be connected. You will be returned to the Payment Settings in your admin panel, where you can configure PayPal to power your payments and start selling!