1. Conflicts, Bugs, Customizations
- Ensure WordPress, theme, and plugins are up to date
- Switch to the default Twenty-Seventeen WordPress theme. Are you still experiencing the issue?
- Disable all plugins. Does the issue persist? More at: How to Test for Conflicts
2. Read the Plugin/Theme Documentation
The answer to your question may already be in our Documentation, Tutorials, and Reference Materials.
4. Choose a Descriptive Message Subject and the Correct Category/Product
Enter a message subject describes the problem and select the correct category and product in drop-down options. This assigns your question to the correct support channel so our Happiness Engineers can help you quicker.
5. Be Specific
Rather than, “Help, my site is broken!,” explain relevant facts and events for your issue.
6. Be Courteous
We understand your frustration, but we are all human. Please be polite, respectful, and considerate. Foul language and demands will not be tolerated.
7. Restrict Your Ticket to One Medium-Sized Paragraph
The more clear and concise your comment, the faster we can diagnose and solve.
8. Link to Your Site
Provide a link if your question relates to a specific site or page.
9. One Ticket, One Question
Limit questions to one per ticket. It’s easier to troubleshoot and resolve if we can focus on one.
10. Posting Code
Posting a large excerpt of code often makes the ticket difficult to read. Paste your code using Snippi or similar and submit it as a link in your post.
11. Viewing Your Site
If your site is hidden from public view, be sure it’s viewable and/or provide login info so we can take a look.