Adding Images to Posts (Using the Image Resizer) ↑ Back to top
Different template pages within Live Wire use an embedded image in a post when displaying the post to users.
This means you need to add a custom image to a post if you wish to display the image with the post. If you fail to add an image, it won’t be displayed or disrupt the theme.
Our themes use a custom image resizing script (thumb.php) that dynamically resizes, cropping and creating an image in the appropriate size needed.
- Go to the Write > Post tab, and complete all standard fields.
- Scroll down to the Live Wire Custom Settings panel (below Post Revisions).
- Click the Browse button to find and select the image you want to use.
- Click Save and the URL is automatically inserted.
Adding Featured Posts (Homepage Only) ↑ Back to top
Setting up the featured section
- Create or identify a post category you want to use as your featured category. To make a category, go to Manage > Categories in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Live Wire Options and select the designated category as the Featured Category.
Adding the post (basics)
- Go to Write > Post.
- Enter a title for the post and the content.
- Select the appropriate category (as specified on the theme options page – above).
- Copy a section of the body content to use as the shortened summary on the homepage.
- Paste into the Excerpt field.
Adding an featured image
Follow the instructions given above for adding an image to the featured post.
Adding Videos (Sidebar) ↑ Back to top
Setting up the video section
- Create or identify a specific post category you want to use as the video category. To make a category, go to Manage > Categories in the WordPress admin.
- Go to Live Wire Options, and open the Layout Options panel. Select Display Video and the designated category as the Video Category.
Adding a new video
- Go to Write > Write Post in your WordPress admin.
- Select the category for your videos (same category specified in Live Wire Options).
- Copy the video embed code.
- Paste this code into the Text Area field. The video is resized automatically.
Widgets ↑ Back to top
There are two widgetized spaces to allow you more customization options.
- Sidebar 1 (the left sub column in the sidebar);
- Sidebar 2 (the right sub column in the sidebar)
Note: Go to Appearance > Widgets to add widgets to these spaces. By default, the theme displays nothing until you add widgets.