Overview ↑ Back to top
This document guides you on the process of moving from the WooCommerce Paytrail or Checkout.fi Gateway plugins to the recommended Paytrail for WooCommerce extension. This is a free extension that provides additional features.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
To use Paytrail for WooCommerce, you’ll need:
- A new Paytrail (or old Checkout.fi) account
- WordPress version 4.9 or newer (installed)
- WooCommerce version 3.6 or newer (installed and activated)
- PHP version 7.3 or newer
Paytrail account credentials ↑ Back to top
The Paytrail for WooCommerce extension requires new account credentials when migrating from the WooCommerce Paytrail extension. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Merchant ID and Merchant Secret for their new platform.
The new credentials must be added to the WooCommerce Paytrail plugin settings before initiating the migration. This will ensure you can continue processing payments with the new Paytrail platform.
To add the new credentials, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress admin and go to WooCommerce > Settings
- Click the Payments tab
- Click Manage next to Paytrail
- Scroll down to the Paytrail for WooCommerce Plugin Migration section
- Enter the New Merchant ID
- Enter the New Merchant Secret
- Click Save changes
Migration ↑ Back to top
You can migrate your site to the new extension seamlessly with a couple of clicks.
To migrate to the new extension, log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and follow these steps:
- Locate the migration notice at the top of your Home screen.
- Click the Begin Migration button.
The migration routine will automatically take care of the following:
- Installation of the Paytrail for WooCommerce plugin.
- Activation of the Paytrail for WooCommerce plugin.
- Transfer of your plugin settings and merchant credentials to the new plugin.
- Deactivation of the old WooCommerce Paytrail or Checkout.fi Gateway plugin.
Frequently Asked Questions ↑ Back to top
Q: What’s different with the new Paytrail plugin?
A: You’ve gained some new features! 🙂 The plugin is integrated with the new Paytrail platform which offers a wider selection of payment methods and improved card tokenization. The new plugin also includes a test mode setting, automatic refund processing, and additional checkout options.
Q: What will happen to my WooCommerce Paytrail plugin subscription?
A: If you have purchased a subscription to WooCommerce Paytrail in the last 1-3 months, please get in touch with us!
Q: Does Paytrail for WooCommerce support the Swedish language?
A: Not at this time. Supported languages include Finnish and English. You can reach out to their team to request they add a Swedish translation to their roadmap. Alternatively, the free WooCommerce Paytrail by Markup.fi extension has built-in Swedish support.
Q: What if the migration doesn’t go smoothly?
A: The worst-case scenario is that we’re not able to migrate the plugin’s settings, and you would need to do it manually. This is a pretty foolproof process, though. If you’d like to double-check the migration, we recommend completing it at an off-peak time, then double-checking a test payment with your store. Our support team is also happy to help out with any questions or migration concerns!
Q: How do I refund a transaction that was processed on the WooCommerce Paytrail or Checkout.fi Gateway extensions?
A: Transactions that were processed by one of our retired plugins can be manually refunded in Paytrail’s merchant panel in the same manner before the plugin retirement.
- The merchant panel for WooCommerce Paytrail transactions is available here.
- The merchant panel for Checkout.fi Gateway transactions is available here.
Q: Where can I find more information about Paytrail for WooCommerce?