WooThemes is a lean and fast moving
organisation organism, but as our community grows so does it’s demand on our resources, and in turn our team. We’ve been under strain since WooCommerce 2.1 dropped, but thanks to our extremely agile development team and our hard-working support team we’ve coped very well.
We’re a constant work in progress though, and always wanting to improve internally and externally – upgrading products, lowering response times, and building an awesome company culture. As a management team we’ve dedicated a large part of the last couple months re-engineering our team. The most significant evidence of this is the new names and faces you might have met over in our support rooms.
9 new hires
Our most significant hiring process yet, spearheaded by our Chief Happiness Officer and full-time fireman, Mike Krapf. 7 new team members, with 2 more joining in the next few days. Hiring 9 new team members in a couple months is no easy feat, and consists of many emails, Skype conversations, hangouts and panel interviews. Now imagine scheduling those around your hours at the firehouse. Our recruitment process has been hugely streamlined ensuring great talent and cultural fits. A process too difficult to sum up in a paragraph, that justifies it’s own blog post at a later stage.
Welcoming to Woo
- Mrinal “Dip” Roy – Dip is a Bangladeshi ex-cricket phenom, turned Themify support tech, turned NINJA!
- Gareth Allison – Cape Town based Gareth enjoys living the pug life, as well as making comedy videos. Gareth will be helping our product and marketing teams with frontend design work.
- Erica Kuschel – Erica is an adventure traveller, location independent, and will be focussing on pre-sales tickets while utilizing her writing skills to continuously improve our passive resources.
- Harshad Mane – Harshad is our first ever Ninja from India with extensive PHP and WordPress knowledge.
- Kai Suess – Kai lives in Austin, TX and has joined WooThemes as a Canvas Super Hero. Outside of work Kai enjoys writing long sci-fi/fantasy novels or gaming it up on Borderlands2.
- Steven Ton – Steven lives outside of LA, California, and loves basketball. He also loves helping people with his ninja skills.
- Daniel Santoro – Danny is a jack of all trades web and video guy/ninja who will be helping our customers, broadcasting from Cincinnati, ‘WKRP’.
Gareth (the guy on the left), and his partner in comedy crime, with their latest music video, aptly named “PAYDAY”. Perhaps our recruitment process still needs some work…
With our new recruits WooThemes is now a team of 37, spanning 13 countries around the world, covering just about every timezone and creating a colorful recipe for a unique company culture. We are hugely fortunate to be able to hire from such a global talent pool and look forward to our next WooTrip meetup where we can all share stories.