Our theme for this year is open eCommerce, and in the spirit of the gathering we’re running our golden ticket competition for the third time. One lucky person will win a paid trip to join us at WooConf for two days of talks, workshops, and learning.
In 2014 Sinisa from OVER Clothing won the golden ticket and joined us in San Francisco. Last year Steven Sashen of Xero Shoes and Chris from Advantage Learn were joint winners and made it all the way to Austin.
Perhaps this time it’ll be you who we see in Seattle? Read on to find out how you can enter.
What we’re looking for
For a chance to win the golden ticket this year, you’ll need to share an example of what you’ve built with our open source, community-driven software.
We’ll be looking for examples of how WooCommerce enabled you to go beyond the typical, push the limits and create a truly customized eCommerce solution for a client. This might mean a unique usage of one of our extensions, a clever customization of a theme, or just a really interesting concept for a website.
What you stand to win, and how to enter (plus some fine print)
If you’re chosen as the winner, you’ll receive:
- A roundtrip flight to/from Seattle, Washington,
- Hotel accommodation,
- A full access conference pass, and
- A flash talk slot to speak about your winning entry to plenty of avid listeners!
Exciting, isn’t it? Perhaps you already have a client in mind? In that case, keep reading.
To enter for your chance to win:
- Share the URL of the WooCommerce store you built, and
- Share details of the project with us. Tell us what makes it special, how it pushes the limits, and how you customized it.
If you want to enter via Twitter, sharing the details will likely take more than 140 characters, so we suggest writing up a blog post and sharing the link. 🙂
Terms and conditions of this competition:
- Both the site URL and detail on the build are required to enter.
- Entries will be accepted via Twitter or email. Tweets must be addressed to @WooConf. Emails must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries made via other methods will be discarded.
- Winners will be asked to speak at WooConf 2017, so please consider this prior to entering.
- Entries may be on behalf on behalf of an individual or an agency. However the prize is for one person, and includes one flight, one hotel room for three nights, one conference pass, and one speaking slot.
- Multiple entries will be accepted (so no worries if you can’t pick a favorite store!).
- Entries close EOD (11:59:59 PM PST) on June 8, 2017.
What you’ll experience if you make it to Seattle
WooConf 2017 will take place on October 19 and 20 at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center in Seattle, Washington.
We have six phenomenal keynotes lined up so far:
- Rand Fishkin, Wizard of Moz
- Beka Rice, Product Lead at SkyVerge
- John Maeda, Global Head of Computational Design and Inclusion for Automattic
- Zach Stepek, Founder of Mindsize
- Kandace Brigleb, Partner at Needmore Designs
- And last but not least, our very own Todd Wilkens, Head of WooCommerce
… and plenty more speakers and workshop leaders to be announced over the coming weeks.
Have a peek at what’s in store for you:
Even if you aren’t keen to enter the competition, early bird tickets are on sale through June — we’d love it if you joined us in Seattle. 🙂
Well, what are you waiting for?
We love hearing from developers building with WooCommerce, and can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to. Be sure to share your entry with us by June 8 and may the Woo force be with you!
Whether you’re entering or not, keep an eye out for our announcement of this year’s winner. We’ll be sure to let you know who takes the prize this time around!
Have any questions about the competition or WooConf in general? Let us know in the comments.