Custom User Registration Fields for WooCommerceDeveloped by Addify
The WooCommerce User Registration plugin lets you collect extra information from your customers by adding custom fields to your registration form. Add dropdowns, multi-select options, checkboxes, file uploads, dates, and more. Display the fields on “My Account” page, and make them either required or optional.
You can also add a “user roles” dropdown menu to registration forms to let the customers select an appropriate role during registration — you can choose to display all or just specific user roles in the dropdown. Auto-approve new user registrations, or do it manually, which is particularly handy if you need to validate customers before allowing them to log in and place orders.
Key features of WooCommerce Registration Plugin
- Add unlimited extra fields to your registration form
- Add fields to WordPress and WooCommerce signup forms
- Show field data on a user’s “My Account” page and in registration emails
- Choose from 14 field types
- Choose whether to display a “user roles” dropdown menu on your registration form
- Display all or specific user roles in the dropdown
- Select from auto or manual approval for user roles
- Manually approve new user registrations
- Send automated email notifications to admins and customers
- Compatible with all third-party user role plugins
Add multiple custom registration fields
You can add multiple fields and position them anywhere on your user signup form. If WooCommerce is active on your site, the fields will be displayed on WooCommerce registration form; if WooCommerce is inactive, the same fields will display on the WordPress registration form.
When creating a new field, you can add custom labels, placeholders, and descriptions for each one, and specify whether the is field required or optional. You can also make the field read-only, so customers can’t change the data they enter after registration.
Supported custom field types
WooCommerce Custom Registration Fields plugin provides 14 field types, so you can collect any type of information from customers.
- Text Display
- Text Area Field
- Radio Button
- File Upload
- Color Picker
- Date Picker (Calendar)
- Time Picker
- Google reCaptcha
Showing field data in “My Account”
The field data is also included in on customers’ “My Account” pages for future reference. The store admin can keep fields editable, or make them read-only to stop customers from making any changes.
Roles dropdowns on registration forms
WooCommerce Registration plugin also enables you to display a “user roles” dropdown on your registration form. Your customers can select the most suitable role for themselves during registration. Display all or specific user roles in the dropdown, and choose manual and auto-approval for each user role.
Manually approving new users
Manually approval for new user registrations is a handy feature that facilitates B2B commerce. If applied to all user roles, no customer will be able to log in until you validate them.
Email notifications for admins and customers
WooCommerce Registration Fields plugin automatically sends email notifications to both admin and customers to keep them up-to-date about their registration and their account approval status. There are three customizable notifications and email alerts:
- When a user attempts to log in and the registration is still awaiting manual validation
- When an account is created and manual approval is required
- When an account is approved or denied