PayPal Express CheckoutDeveloped by WooCommerce
Information & Requirements
- PayPal Express is available in all countries
- PayPal Business account is required
A global leader in payments
Online shoppers love the convenience and security of PayPal, where they can pay from their PayPal balance, debit or credit card, or bank account; or pay with PayPal Credit. The PayPal logo may also reassure buyers who are unfamiliar with a particular merchant. With more than 179 million active customer accounts worldwide, adding PayPal as a payment option to your WooCommerce store is sure to be noticed.
A fast, easy payment experience
PayPal Express Checkout for WooCommerce allows your customers to skip the WooCommerce checkout and use PayPal instead, so fewer clicks across fewer screens. When customers with PayPal account click on the PayPal button from the shopping cart, they return with the checkout page pre-filled with information from PayPal. Fewer steps at checkout can help improve conversion up to 44%1. It’s a quick-and-easy payment solution that can help increase sales.
Why use PayPal Express Checkout for WooCommerce?
- Get started with the extension for free
- Accept PayPal and/or all major credit and debit cards – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club, and JCB
- Accept PayPal Credit (U.S. only): You get paid up front; customers get time to pay.
- Accept payments in almost any currency
- Reduce security worries because payments are processed on PayPal servers
- Set up the extension within minutes with no copy/paste of credentials required
- Allow customers to check out without a PayPal account
- Provide customers with a fast, seamless checkout experience
- Charge orders immediately or authorize and capture directly from WooCommerce
Features & Benefits
Security is handled by PayPal
Payment processing occurs on our secure servers so you don’t have to worry about handling sensitive payment information on your site. With Express Checkout, you can focus on improving your bottom line instead of PCI compliance!
The free extension provides you with a simple way to set up a new PayPal business account, or use an existing account. Click on the “Setup your PayPal account” button in the cart. There’s no need to copy and paste credentials from your PayPal account. Required authorizations for the plug-in are integrated into the set up flow, and most countries are supported. The only countries not supported for this easy onboarding are India, Israel, Japan and Brazil.
In-Context Express Checkout
Our new In-Context feature can help speed buyers through payment without leaving your website — for a secure, seamless checkout consistent across devices. On Macs and PCs, your site remains front and center while providing customers with a streamlined, integrated experience. Smartphones and tablets display an optimized full-page checkout window.
PayPal has millions of customers’ payment and shipping details on file and we can pass this to your Woo store to reduce friction in the checkout flow. Customers can also add a new or different shipping address, and update shipping options. Any new information will be sent to PayPal when the order is finalized, saving you yet another step.
The One TouchTM check out experience
PayPal Express Checkout for WooCommerce includes the One TouchTM checkout experience, which eliminates the need for PayPal customers to enter a password or card details for up to six months. PayPal customers can pay with fewer clicks where and how they shop, increasing their ease in completing an online purchase, especially on mobile.
Charges can be captured directly in WooCommerce
Some merchants choose to set the payment gateway to authorize charges rather than authorize and capture them. However, this requires the user to later log into the payment gateway admin to capture charges. This free extension allows you to optionally capture previously authorized transactions directly from the WooCommerce Edit Orderscreen rather than logging into your PayPal account, saving you an extra step.
PayPal Credit – Buy Now Pay Later (U.S. only)
PayPal Credit checkout option now available for users in the U.S. Give your customers more payment flexibility while they shop. Your customers get more time to pay, but you still get paid in full at the time of sale.
- No Payments + No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more
- Funds usually appear in your PayPal business account in minutes.
- Customers can pay with PayPal Credit directly within your existing PayPal checkout flow so it’s easy for you and for them
- As a PayPal customer, there’s no extra charge to use the new PayPal Credit offers on your site. Simply continue paying your normal fees.
1 As reported in Nielsen’s Online Panel research for activity occurring from July – November 2015, which compared PayPal transactions to non-PayPal transactions on sites that offer PayPal as a payment option. Nielsen measured 125,000 households’ online behavior across 10 SMB merchants. Copyright 2016 Nielsen.