Tap to Pay on iPhone
Tap to Pay on iPhone lets you accept in-person contactless payments with
only an iPhone and WooCommerce Payments – no additional hardware required!
Accept in-person contactless payments
with Tap to Pay on iPhone
With Tap to Pay on iPhone and the WooCommerce Mobile App, you can accept in-person contactless payments, right on your iPhone – no extra terminals, hardware, or readers needed.
Tap to Pay is currently available in the U.S. To get started, download the WooCommerce Mobile App and start accepting contactless debit and credit cards, Apple Pay, and other digital wallet payments on your iPhone. Tap to Pay on iPhone uses the built-in security features of iPhone to keep your business and customer data private and secure.
No additional hardware required
No need to buy, set up, or manage new card readers. All you need is an iPhone XS or newer.
Quick to get started
Setup requires only a few simple steps.
Secure and private
Tap to Pay on iPhone uses the built-in features of iPhone to keep your business and your customer data private and secure. When a payment is processed, Apple does not store card numbers on the device or on Apple servers, so you can rest assured knowing your business stays yours.
Add your own brand and customer experience to your in-store checkout.
Flexible in-store experiences
Get more flexibility to manage in-store queues and deliver new experiences.
Get started with Tap to Pay on iPhone
- Open the WooCommerce Mobile App on a compatible iPhone and open Menu then Payments.
- Tap on Collect Payment and then select Tap to Pay on iPhone when you are ready to take the payment.
If this is the first time you are using Tap to Pay on iPhone, you will be prompted to continue with your current Apple ID or select a different one and accept Apple’s Terms of Service. Use the same Apple ID that is tied to your business account, if you have a different personal account.
- Present the iPhone to the customer.
- The customer holds their contactless card horizontally or hovers their device at the top of the iPhone, over the contactless symbol.
- When you see the “done” checkmark, the card has been read. Wait for the transaction to process, then the app will show that the payment was successful or if there were any issues with the transaction.
Requires iPhone XS or later with iOS 16.0 or later.
The Contactless Symbol is a trademark owned by and used with permission of EMVCo, LLC.
If your business needs a physical card reader, the WooCommerce Mobile App will work with a WooCommerce In-Person Payments card reader to give you additional flexibility.