Stripe is a popular payment service provider for eCommerce stores worldwide, and we’re pleased to announce we’ve shipped a major release with a multitude of new features to enhance your experience of working with WooCommerce and Stripe.
- Payment acceptance using European and other non-U.S. payment gateways
- Fully PCI compliant credit card form on your checkout
- Improved support for Apple Pay and the Web Payment Requests API
- Simpler way to connect your WooCommerce store to Stripe
To ensure this update is stable, we’ve done a lot of testing on our side: Releasing beta versions, testing with our own library of extensions and themes, and testing with the most popular extensions used alongside WooCommerce Stripe. 👏
WooCommerce Stripe 4.0 includes lots of code improvements and should be fully backwards compatible with 3.1 and 3.0, but it’s still best to perform a backup before updating.
Read on for full details of what’s new in WooCommerce Stripe 4.0!
Accept payments using European and other non-U.S. gateways 🎉
WooCommerce Stripe now fully supports Stripe’s “Sources” feature, a new way to receive payments through Stripe. Payment gateways (“sources”) include the default payment gateway we all know and love, Apple Pay, Bitcoin, and a new selection of European and other non-U.S. payment gateways offered through Stripe.
Visit our WooCommerce Stripe documentation for a list of supported sources.
You can enable as many of the above sources as you’d like, at the same time!
Heads up! A new and fully PCI-compliant credit card form ⚠︎
We’ve introduced a new credit card form on the WooCommerce checkout screen. This uses Stripe’s new “Elements” feature, which creates and displays the credit card form entirely via Stripe. This means the credit card form is fully PCI compliant, and the credit card information is sent directly to Stripe, without interacting with your store.
This may slightly change the look and feel of your credit card form, although we’ve done our best to preserve the design of the previous one.
Get Stripe 4.0 and let us know what you think
We’d like to know what you think of the release and what you’d like in the next one, so let us know in Comments!
- Think you’ve found a bug with WooCommerce Stripe 4.0 or a conflict with another plugin? Report it via our GitHub issue tracker.
- Need help with the upgrade? Contact us via our Support page.
- Want to chat about the release, or have a great idea for the next version? Start a discussion on the public WooCommerce Stripe forums at WordPress.org.
Please note that we are not able to diagnose or solve potential issues in blog comments. The fastest way to get in touch is one of the methods listed above.