Currency Switcher For WooCommerceDeveloped by WPExperts
Information & Requirements
- WooCommerce 3.8+ (4.0+ recommended)
- PHP 5.3+ (7+ recommended)
Improve your customers’ shopping experience by switching to a familiar currency
By default, WooCommerce displays prices in American Dollars (USD). Since many online stores cater to an international audience, why not allow customers to pay using their native or local currency?
With online marketing, you must ensure that your products are available globally. That’s why it’s important to have a powerful extension that can switch currencies on your website with updated exchange rates.
Introducing Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is a widget that allows visitors to switch between currencies according to their Location. The Geo-Location IP feature allows the currency on your website to automatically change as per the customer’s current location.
Display unlimited selectable currencies on the shop, cart, or checkout page of your WooCommerce website using flags as a visual representation.
Exchange rates can be set up manually or automatically using the currency conversion data API that updates currency exchange rates on predefined time intervals.
Rather than a simple multi-currency add-on, this extension works as a currency converter that displays your store prices in various currencies.
Why Use Currency Switcher for WooCommerce?
- Allows customers to shop in their preferred currency without the hassle of doing currency conversion.
- Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is available as a widget and works on any WooCommerce website with a widgetized area.
- Insert the Currency Switcher short code anywhere on the website. It also works beautifully as a sidebar widget.
- Display selectable currency options using country names (US, GB, EU, etc.) or by country flag.
- Customers can checkout using their selected currency.
- Users can enable or disable payment gateways for specific currencies.
- Prices automatically change according to the customers’ IP location.
- Currency exchange rates are updated on predefined intervals (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or within minutes of each other). You can disable this option and update them manually.
- Set a default currency on your website that the user can change according to their preference.
- Enable/disable the user’s ability to checkout using their currency choice. Disabling the option will show the customer’s final payment in the site’s default currency.
- Display the ability to switch currencies on the shop, cart, and checkout pages.
- Add unlimited selectable currency options from the back-end.
- Enable/disable currencies as necessary.
- Convert product prices, shipping prices, coupon codes, taxes, and other prices to any currency the customer prefers.
- Fully compatible with Donation for WooCommerce and its features. (Round-up functionality, donation from page, and donation from widget.)
- Add multiple currencies (and their respective flags) from the back-end.
- Users can convert product shipping, coupon codes, taxes, and other prices on the website to the currency they prefer.
- Display your website’s default currency flag on the front-end.
- Manually set a fixed exchange rate relative to the default currency.
- Users can enable or hide a specific payment gateway for a specific currency.
- The Geo location IP feature automatically changes the currency and displays prices based on the customer’s country.
- Update currency exchange rates on predefined time intervals via Open Exchange Rates API.
- Add country flags as currency symbols on the website’s front-end.
- Allow the admin to receive emails every time a currency rate is changed.
- Users can change the currency on shop, cart, and checkout pages.
- Add currency switcher on the front-end as a widget.
- Users can change the currency after proceeding with purchase and donation.
- Enable/disable checkout in the customer’s selected currency.
- Use a short code on any post, page, or custom post to display the currency switcher.
- Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is compatible with Donation for WooCommerce.
- Four different and attractive currency switcher styling options.
The extension converts product prices, shipping prices, coupon codes, taxes, and other prices on the website to different currencies based on exchange rates.
Default currency flag
Display your website’s default currency flag on the front-end. This can be changed from the back-end settings.
Automatic Location-Based Currency Change
When the customer arrives at your site, the currency is automatically changed to the customer country using Geo-Location IP.
Exchange rate control
Set currency exchange rates manually or allow the Open Exchange Rates API to automatically update rates at selected time intervals.
Fixed exchange rate
Manually set fixed exchange rates relative to your WooCommerce store’s default currency.
Use country flags as currency symbols on the front-end of the currency switcher interface.
Add multiple currencies (and their respective flags) from the back-end settings.
Hide Payment Gateways
The user can enable or hide payment gateways; once the user clicks on the specific payment gateway and saves it, the payment gateway gets hidden; only a specific payment method is visible on the front-end.
Enable/disable multi-currency checkout
Enable/disable checkout in the customer’s selected currency. Disabling it will convert the customer’s final payment back to the site’s default currency.
The admin can opt to receive emails each time a currency exchange rate changes.
Display on the shop, cart, and checkout page
Display the extension on the shop, cart, and checkout page so users can change the currency after proceeding with purchase, donation, and checkout.
Currency selector widget
Use a short code on any post, page, or custom post to display the currency switcher.
Compatible with Donation for WooCommerce extension
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is compatible with Donation for WooCommerce. (Round-up functionality, donation from page, and donation from widget.)
Attractive front-end styles
Select from four different currency switcher interface designs to display on the front-end.
Is this extension compatible with the Donation for WooCommerce?
Yes! Version 1.0 of Currency Switcher for WooCommerce extension includes support for Donation for WooCommerce.
Is this extension compatible with the WooCommerce Subscriptions?
Yes! Version 1.0 of Currency Switcher for WooCommerce extension includes support for WooCommerce Subscription.
Is this extension compatible with the WooCommerce Bookings?
Yes! Version 1.0 of Currency Switcher for WooCommerce extension includes support for WooCommerce Bookings
Is this extension compatible with the Google Product Feed?
Yes! Version 1.2.2 of Currency Switcher for WooCommerce extension includes support for Google Product Feed.
How to Get Started
- Buy Currency Switcher for WooCommerce.
- Download and install the extension. You can find the installation guide here.
- Activate, set up, and configure the extension.
Read the technical documentation to help you walk through the process of setting up multiple currencies, currency checkout options, and more.