Moneris GatewayDeveloped by SkyVerge
Information & Requirements
- Moneris is only available for merchants in the US and Canada.
- An SSL certificate is required to ensure your customer credit card details are safe.
Accept Online Payments Using Moneris
Why accept payments with just anyone when you can process them with one of North America’s leading payment processors? Moneris processes more than 3 billion credit and debit card transactions a year, for over 350,000 merchant locations across North America. This extension brings quality service and processing for the US and Canada to your WooCommerce store.
The Moneris extension allows you to keep the customer on your site for the checkout process, allowing you greater control over the checkout experience so that you can test and implement the most effective experience for your store. An SSL certificate is required for PCI compliance due to the direct checkout to ensure that your customers’ credit card information is secure.
- Accept payments in Canadian and US dollars
- Process refunds / voids automatically from within WooCommerce NEW
- Capture charges right from within the WooCommerce dashboard
- Support “Hosted Tokenization” for a hosted and more secure checkout form
- Updated payment form at checkout with retina icons NEW
- Adds a mobile-friendly checkout with numerical inputs for card type and security code NEW
- Allow customers to securely save cards to their accounts for future purchases
- Customers can add saved payment methods to their accounts without going through checkout NEW
- Supports eFraud tools / address and card verification
- Fully supports WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Fully supports WooCommerce Pre-Orders
- Canadian merchants can accept payments via Interac (no subscriptions / pre-orders support)
- Force charges for orders with only virtual items instead of authorizing them NEW
- Accepts Major Credit Cards / Debit Cards – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club, JCB
Fraud Prevention Tools
The WooCommerce Moneris payment gateway extension features completely updated security checks and AVS / CVV handling for increased security. Shop owners can now completely customize address and card security code checks directly from their WooCommerce settings page for both AVS and CVV errors.
Direct On-page Checkout
Using the Moneris extension allows you to decide what your checkout process will look like, while keeping the customer on your site for the entire process. This gives you maximum control over this experience, providing a seamless checkout process for the user and maximum customizability for the business owner.
You can also optionally use a hosted checkout field (Hosted Tokenization) if enabled in your Moneris account to gather credit card details. This reduces security risks, as it prevents credit card details from being passed through your servers. An SSL certificate is still required for maximum security.
Mobile checkout is enhanced as well, offering automated card formatting and numerical (
tel type) fields for easier input.
Securely Save Payment Details
Customers can easily & securely save multiple payment methods to their account for faster checkout, which are displayed in unified “My Payments” section of their account. Payment data is stored on Moneris’s secure servers to reduce your security burden while reducing friction at checkout for improved conversions. You must have tokenization enabled for your Moneris account by your Moneris rep.
Customers can also change their active payment method, add payment methods, and remove payment methods from the My Account page. The “Add Payment Method” workflow is seamless and tokenizes card information for future use without requiring the customer to go through checkout!
Support for Automatic Refunds & Voids – NEW
Shop employees can process refunds for an order paid for with Moneris directly from within WooCommerce — no more logging into your merchant account to process refunds! Speed up your store management by creating full or partial refunds from the “Edit Order” screen and sending the transaction automatically to Moneris by clicking “Refund via Credit Card”.
If the transaction has not been captured or settled, a transaction void will be performed automatically instead to cancel the order.
Full Subscriptions and Pre-Orders Support
The Moneris credit card gateway now fully supports Subscriptions and Pre-Orders so that you can leverage recurring payments or pre-orders for your WooCommerce store. You must enable tokenization to use either of these extensions with the WooCommerce Moneris credit card gateway.
Please note that it is not possible to use Subscriptions or Pre-Orders with the Interac gateway.
Interac for Canadian Merchants
Moneris supports Interac® for Canadian Merchants (store must accept payments in Canadian dollars). Moneris Interac is available as a second gateway when the plugin is activated, and can be configured with the same or different credentials from the credit card gateway. Interac cannot be used with Subscriptions or Pre-Orders.
Capture Charges directly from WooCommerce
Some users choose to set the payment gateway to only authorize charges rather than authorize & capture them. However, this requires the user to then log into the payment gateway admin to capture charges. This extension allows you to optionally capture previously authorized transactions directly from the WooCommerce Edit Order screen rather than logging into your Moneris control panel to do so. Simply edit the order, select the “Capture Charge” action, and charges will be captured through Moneris.
How to Get Started
- Buy this extension 🙂
- Download and install into your WooCommerce store
- Login to your Moneris account (sign up for Moneris if you don’t already have an account) and grab your API ID/Key
- Save this information on the settings page
- That’s it! Sit back and enjoy payment processing by Moneris!
Need any more reason to buy? When you purchase a SkyVerge-developed extension, you’re getting the highest quality extensions for your WooCommerce store. Gain peace of mind by knowing that when you purchase our products, your store’s performance is as important to us as it is to you.