TL;DR: A major update is available for WooCommerce! When you’re ready, update via your WordPress Dashboard. To make the process as smooth as possible, view our documentation on how to update, make a backup, update your extensions, and then update WooCommerce.
After a lot of hard work behind the scenes, we’re excited to announce that WooCommerce 4.0 is here! The primary focus of this update is to transition towards a more React-driven experience so that store owners can better leverage the power of WordPress.
What does this mean for you? You’ll enjoy a more efficient workflow as the result of an improved management panel and new reporting features.
This release integrates WooCommerce Admin into WooCommerce Core, which includes:
- Enhanced reporting tools and analytics
- Simplified notifications
- Improved store management tools
Let’s dive a little further into the benefits that WooCommerce 4.0 brings to your store.
Learn how your site is performing with analytics and reporting tools built into the WooCommerce dashboard
Here are a few key elements that will save you you time and increase transparency:
A streamlined dashboard
WooCommerce Admin was built around a new, central dashboard, designed to simplify your workflow. Customize reports to fit the needs of your store — set specific date ranges, choose how charts are displayed, categorize information, and show only the data that’s important to you.
Do you have multiple users? Settings are stored on a per-user basis, so each member of your team can quickly find the information they’re looking for.
Improved reporting with 14 different data points
Collecting and interpreting data helps you reduce costs, optimize supply management, and increase sales. WooCommerce 4.0 offers a reporting feature with a quick overview of how your store is performing.
View 14 different data points, including total sales, net sales, orders, average order value, returns, shipping, and downloads.
You can also access 12 new reports, quickly filter data, compare date periods, and download CSV files. Reports include:
Make the most of your data with advanced filters and adjust reports based on specific customers, numeric values, emails, and countries.
Time-saving store management tools and notifications
The new Activity Panel helps you quickly access the management tools you use most often. It includes an inbox system that simplifies notifications — no more weeding through information you don’t need!
With just one click, you can view:
- Orders: view recent order data (status, total, customer name, time completed, etc.) and navigate to fulfillment with the click of a button
- Stock: see which products and variations are out of stock or running low
- Reviews: keep an eye on reviews and respond if needed
- Notices: get reminders for additional tasks that should be addressed
With notifications, get an overview of tasks that need your attention without leaving the dashboard.
Build faster stores with updated technology
WooCommerce 4.0 upgrades the Action Scheduler library to Action Scheduler 3.0. This brings a new database structure, includes custom tables for scheduled actions, and reduces the load on database tables.
How does this affect your website? Expect your store to run smoother and faster, even when scaling.
While Action Scheduler 3.0 remains compatible with previous releases, we do recommend performing a full backup of your website before updating.
Celebrate with 40% off any purchase!
What better way to celebrate a faster, more streamlined store than with the upgrades you’ve been wanting to make? Get 40% off any WooCommerce Marketplace purchase from March 17-20 (ends midnight PST).
Here are just a few of the ways you can use your discount:
- Integrate with email marketing tools to increase sales and recover abandoned carts.
- Encourage repeat purchases with reward programs, smart coupons, and store credit.
- Enhance your cart or checkout pages with checkout field editors and social logins.
- Customize product pages with variation swatches, upsells, and add-ons.
- Reach international markets with multi-currency and translation features.
- Expand shipping functionality with live rates and conditional shipping.
- Offer new product types like subscriptions, memberships, or bookings.
With our marketplace, the sky’s the limit! See all the ways you can expand your store.
Ready to try WooCommerce 4.0?
If you’re ready to benefit from our new, streamlined dashboard and time-saving store management tools, start by reviewing our documentation about updating WooCommerce. For a seamless experience, take the time to make a full backup and update your extensions before starting the update process.
Ways to connect with us:
- Think you’ve found a bug with 4.0 or a conflict with another plugin? Report it to us via our GitHub issue tracker.
- Having trouble with the upgrade? Visit our support page to open a ticket.
- Just want to chat about the release, or have a great idea for the next version? Start the discussion on the public WooCommerce forums at WordPress.org.
Please note that we’re not able to diagnose or solve potential issues via blog comments. The fastest way to get in touch with us is through one of the methods listed above.
What are you most excited about with WooCommerce 4.0? Let us know in the comments!
Hi! Have you inserted a size availability filter?
Our type of stock would really benefit from that!
does it affects the API?
I agree with Will, a pricing table based on size/width/depth as a core part of woocommerce would be amazing. 3rd party plugins I’ve tried are clunky and it’s something that’s been missing for years
When will WooCommerce use its own tables instead of WP’s tables, especially the meta table?
How can I optimize the DB tables? A table like post_meta should shrink a lot when all cruft is removed.
Is it possible to export the new Woo Analytics reports to PDF? They would make up a great end of month shareholders pack for my business.
Just wondering will there be a way to filter quickly customers by product ordered? I want to see all customers who ordered a skills workshop or a pasta making workshop.
when is it compatible with WooCommerce Stripe Gateway 4 (official support up to woocommerce 3.9.2)?
What happen to customer emails listed in column 2 of the dashboard order view?