Accept credit cards and PayPal directly on your store
The Braintree for WooCommerce gateway lets you accept credit cards and PayPal payments on your WooCommerce store via Braintree. Customers can save their credit card details or link a PayPal account to their WooCommerce user account for fast and easy checkout.
With this gateway, you can securely sell your products online using Hosted Fields, which help you meet security requirements without sacrificing flexibility or an integrated checkout process. Hosted Fields, similar to iFrames, are hosted on PayPal’s servers but fit inside the checkout form elements on your site, providing a secure, seamless means for customers to share their payment information.
Braintree for WooCommerce supports tokenization, letting your customers save their credit cards or connect their PayPal account for faster, easier subsequent checkouts. The gateway also supports WooCommerce Subscriptions to let you sell products with recurring billing and WooCommerce Pre-Orders, which supports accepting payments for upcoming products as they ship or up-front.
Why Use Braintree for WooCommerce?
- Process PayPal and / or all major credit card and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club, and JCB
- Meets PCI Compliance SAQ-A standards
- Supports WooCommerce Subscriptions and WooCommerce Pre-Orders
- Detect and prevent fraud with Braintree’s extensive suite of fraud tools
- Supports Apple Pay
- Customers can securely save credit cards or link PayPal accounts to your site
- Easily process refunds, void transactions, and capture charges right from WooCommerce
- Route payments in different currencies to different Braintree accounts (requires currency switcher)
- Includes express checkout options like Buy Now buttons on product pages and PayPal Connect buttons in the Cart
- Supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) as required in the European Economic Area (EEA)
- …and much more!
Features & Benefits
A complete, secure payment solution
Braintree for WooCommerce lets you securely receive online payments for the products and subscriptions in your WooCommerce store.
Save payment methods for a streamlined checkout experience
Customers can save their credit cards and connect their PayPal account for fast checkouts. Fewer screens, fewer clicks, and less friction can improve conversion rates, especially on mobile!
Expedited checkout with PayPal buttons on product, cart, and checkout pages
Add PayPal Checkout and Buy Now buttons to your site to expedite checkout for your customers. You can customize the buttons’ appearance to better match your site’s branding for a consistent experience.
Enable the PayPal Buy Now button to let customers purchase directly from the product page.
Expedite the purchase process with PayPal Checkout buttons in the Cart.
Choices in fraud protection and security
Braintree for WooCommerce includes basic fraud verification tools by default, but can support more sophisticated advanced or Kount Direct fraud tools for even greater protection.
The Hosted Fields create iFrames hosted on Braintree’s servers, but that fit seamlessly into your site, providing a secure, customizable way for customers to enter payment information. Hosted Fields help your site achieve PCI DSS v3.0 SAQ-A compliance.
The plugin also supports 3D Secure verification tools, such as Verified by Visa, and supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) for payment processing in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Manage orders directly in WooCommerce
With Braintree for WooCommerce, you can capture previously authorized transactions, void transactions, and refund orders directly within WooCommerce for an optimized order management workflow.