To provide the quickest support possible, it is helpful if you include an administrator account so our Happiness Engineers can take a look at the issue. We recommend creating a temporary admin login, which can then be deleted once we are finished.
Create user account ↑ Back to top
- In your WordPress Dashboard, go to: Users > Add New.
- Enter a username* (use something unique like
- Enter an email address (use
firstname.lastname@example.org– Note: This email address can be accessed through our system so we can reset the password if necessary.
- Make note of the password generated by WordPress, and send it to us. We can reset the password if necessary, but it’s easiest if you share it using QuickForget.com.
- Ensure that the Role is set to
- If your site is not in English, please define
Englishas the user language
- Select Add New User.
Send details ↑ Back to top
Add a new note to the ticket in the WooCommerce.com dashboard, or simply reply to the email you receive in your inbox.
- URL of your website
- Username of the account
- Password (use a safe sharing service like QuickForget.com)
- If you’ve used
email@example.com’ll be able to reset the password if necessary
Delete user account ↑ Back to top
Once the issue is resolved and you no longer need the account, go to Users > All Users, then username of the account and Delete.
For security reasons, we recommend doing this as soon as interaction with our support team is finished.
Tip ↑ Back to top
Here’s what the founder of WordPress has to say about why you should never use
admin as your username.