WooCommerce product reviews is a powerful tool for online conversions and establishing loyal relationships with your customers. Studies show that a review or a recommendation from another shopper has a large effect on the customer’s decision on purchasing a product.
Product Reviews in WooCommerce allow customers to create reviews with star ratings and allow the shop owner to moderate and reply to the customer reviews. Where previously reviewes were part of the general WordPress comments system, since WooCommerce 6.7 they now have their own section.
To enable Reviews for WooCommerce, you will want to perform the following steps:
- From the WordPress Dashboard go to WooCommerce > Settings
- Switch to the Products tab
- Scroll down to the Reviews section and select the Enable product reviews check box
- You can also select the options related to reviews and ratings:
- Show “verified owner” label on customer reviews – whether to label reviews from verified users
- Reviews can only be left by “verified owners” – allow reviews only from verified users. A verified user is a user that has purchased the product from your store already
- Enable star rating on reviews – enables the star rating review option for reviews
- Star ratings should be required, not optional – make star rating required for reviews
- Press Save changes to apply the settings
Once the reviews have been enabled, you will then have an option to enable or disable the reviews per product in the Advanced tab of the Product Data settings:
With product reviews active, the review form will be displayed at the storefront and your customers will be able to add their review and star rating, if enabled.
When a new review is posted, it will show in WooCommerce > Home and in Products > Reviews.
From WooCommerce > Home you can:
- Expand the Reviews section to view the details and moderation options
- Approve, Mark as spam, or Delete reviews
- Once one of the moderation actions has been applied to the review it is removed from the section
- Selecting Manage All Reviews will take you directly to the Products > Reviews page
On the Products > Reviews page, hovering over a review will allow you to select the action you wish to take:
- Approve – approve reviews
- Unapprove – unapprove reviews
- Reply – use this to reply to user reviews
- Quick Edit – quickly make changes to the Review, Name, Email and URL
- Edit – make changes to the same options as Quick Edit, with the addition of a full-text editor and the ability to change the star rating
- Spam – moves the spam review to the Spam folder
- Trash – moves the review to the Trash Folder
The Bulk actions drop-down allows you to quickly apply bulk actions to your reviews, including Approve, Unapprove, Mark as spam, and Move to Trash.
To simplify managing your reviews, they can be filtered by Type (Review or Reply), Rating, and/or Product. Reviews can also be sorted by the Author, Product, Submitted on, Type, and Ratings columns.
Replies to comments from the store owner are batched within the initial review to make it easier to locate and reply to any threads on a review.