Several widgets come with WooCommerce that help you display products in a multitude of ways in your themes widgetized areas.
- Active Product Filters – Display a list of active filters.
- Filter Products by Attribute – Display a list of attributes to filter products in your store.
- Filter Products by Price – Display a slider to filter products in your store by price.
- Filter Products by Rating – Display a list of star ratings to filter products in your store.
- Products list – A list of your store’s products.
- Products by Rating list – A list of your store’s top-rated products.
- Product Tag Cloud – A cloud of your most used product tags.
- Recently Viewed Products list – Display a list of a customer’s recently viewed products.
In addition to that, with WordPress 5.8, several WooCommerce blocks can be added in widget areas as well:
- Featured Product
- Featured Category
- Handpicked Products
- Best Selling Products
- Top Rated Products
- Newest Products
- On Sale Products
- Products by Category
- Products by Tag Block
- Products by Attribute
- Product Categories List
- Reviews by Product
- Reviews by Category
- All Reviews
- Product Search
Depending on your theme and the widget selected, you may see options on where it can be placed. In the example, we’re using the Storefront theme and the Products widget; your options may differ.
Select a location, and then Add Widget.
With the Products list widget, you can display your products ordered by date, price, sales or randomly. Additionally, you can display products from all of your products, only featured products or only products on sale.
You can set a title for the widget, number of products to show, and reorder them.
- To show most recent products, use All Products, Order by Date, and Order DESC.
- To show 10 random featured products, set Number of products to show for 10, then use Featured Products, and then order by Random.
The Filter Products by Price widget allows customers to refine products by price by dragging the sliders within the widget to create a price range based on the products displayed on the page.
To use the widget, drag it to a widget area as you would any other widget. It automatically detects the minimum and maximum prices on the current page to populate the slider.
Filter Products by Attribute is a powerful widget that let’s users drill-down through your catalog of products via attributes, effectively helping them find what they’re looking for quickly.
Add the widget to your widgetized area.
Then choose an attribute to filter by and whether you want users to filter by “AND” or “OR” query types.
- AND – If a user selects two attributes, only products which match both attributes will be returned
- OR – If a user selects two attributes, products which match either attribute will be returned