Due to restrictions put in place by card networks, our payment processors, and their financial service providers, some business types and product types are not allowed to transact using WooCommerce Payments. Those include but are not limited to the following:
- Virtual currency, including video game or virtual world credits
- Counterfeit goods
- Adult content and services
- Drug paraphernalia (including e-cigarettes, vapes, and nutraceuticals)
- Multi-level marketing
- Social media activity, like Twitter followers, Facebook likes, YouTube views
- Substances designed to mimic illegal drugs
- Firearms and ammunition
The full list of these businesses can be found in Stripe’s Restricted Businesses list.
By signing up to use WooCommerce Payments, you agree not to accept payments in connection with these restricted activities, practices, or products.
We also work to ensure that no prohibited activity is conducted on WooCommerce Payments. If we become aware of prohibited activity, we may restrict or shut down the account responsible.
Alcohol sales are permitted in some, but not all, instances. This page has more information.
We are working with our payments partners to make it possible to sell CBD via WooCommerce Payments. However, for now, merchants selling CBD must use Square or Viva Wallet. More information can be found here.