WooCommerce Subscriptions is a premium WooCommerce extension that allows you to sell products and services with recurring payments.
If you’re using WooCommerce Payments we also have subscription features built into this payment method. Read more about the two different subscription options in the feature comparison.
The content linked to below aims to teach you how to do it, explaining what features are available and options you should consider in choosing to sell products and services on an ongoing basis in your WooCommerce store.
We recommend starting with:
- Store Manager Guide, which details how to sell subscription products and services
- Renewal Process to learn how Subscriptions handles recurring payments and subscription renewals
- Adding or Changing Subscriptions and an up-to-date list of Payment Gateways that Support Automatic Recurring Payments
There is also documentation written specifically for WooCommerce developers, which details the Subscriptions API. This section includes a guide to integrating a payment gateway with Subscriptions. An advanced understanding of PHP and WordPress development is required.
Documentation Contents ↑ Back to top
- Store Manager Guide
- Subscriptions Requirements
- Subscription Payment Gateway Guide
- Understanding the Subscription Renewal Process
- Orders Related to Subscriptions
- Understanding the Subscription Upgrade/Downgrade Process
- How to Manually Add or Modify a Subscription
- Subscriber’s View
- Guide to Multiple Subscriptions
- Subscription Status Guide
- Migrating Subscribers to WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Subscription Resubscribe Guide
- Subscription Renewal Synchronization Guide
- Subscriptions Reports
- Subscriptions Early Renewal Guide
- Failed Recurring Payment Retry System
- Limited Subscription Payment Coupons
- Subscriptions FAQ
- Differences between Subscription Products and Subscriptions
- How Does Subscriptions Handle Staging Sites and Migrations?
- PayPal Reference Transactions for Subscriptions FAQ
- Testing Subscription Renewal Payments
- Change Subscription from Automatic to Manual Payments
- Subscriptions Scheduled Action Errors
- Disabling Subscriptions
- Subscriptions Logs
- Subscriptions Feature Roadmap
- Developer Documentation