Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how to display a message to customers via coupons. This allows for some interaction and personalization with your customers.
Note: The default WooCommerce allows you to add a coupon description. But to display that description to the customers, you need the Smart Coupons plugin.
- Go to Marketing > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon or open an existing coupon.
- Look for the field “Description” below the “Generate coupon code” button.
- Add the required message for the customers in this field.
- Set the discount type and discount amount, if not set already.
- Publish / Save the coupon.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Smart Coupons
- Look for the setting “Display coupon description along with coupon code (on site as well as in emails)” under “Displaying Coupons” and enable it.
- Save the setting.
The set description will show up on the respective coupons on the website. The same description will also be visible in the new emails sent to the customers. However, it won’t be shown in the emails that are already sent.
Refer to this link.
If a coupon lacks a description, Smart Coupons will automatically generate a description for display purposes only. However, this auto-generated description will not be permanently set to the coupon.
If you set a coupon description and link it to a product (as explained in this article), any new coupons generated upon purchasing that product will inherit the same description.