Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift certificates, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers.
The plugin allows customers to buy credits for themselves or gift them to others. It automatically issues coupons on product purchase, provides “Apply Coupon with One Click” technology and more.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the plugin.
- After activating Smart Coupons, you will be redirected to Welcome Page of Smart Coupons that describes Features and FAQs.
More information at:.
Enable plugin updates ↑ Back to top
Please follow steps listed here to enable plugin updates for Smart Coupons.
Getting started ↑ Back to top
Once installed and activated, four tabs will be added under Marketing > Coupons:
- Bulk Generate
- Import Coupons
- Send Store Credit
If you are on a WooCommerce version lower than 4.4.0, then the above tabs will be under the WooCommerce menu.
What is store credit / gift certificate? ↑ Back to top
A store credit or gift certificate is a monetary value assigned as a credit to the customer. So the customer can use that credit all at once or multiple times to make purchases until the credit is exhausted or its validity expires. If the available store credit balance is less than the total amount to be paid, the remaining amount can be paid using other payment methods.
In Smart Coupons, a store credit / gift certificate is available as a discount type coupon. So if you want to allow users to use store credit / gift certificate till it has balance, better not set the usage limit for it. This will allow customers to redeem credit multiple times until it is exhausted or is expired.
Settings ↑ Back to top
Understanding tabs on Coupons page ↑ Back to top
- Adding coupons
- Bulk generate coupons (WooCommerce coupon generator)
- Import coupons in bulk using a CSV file
- Sending store credit
Using coupons and specific cases ↑ Back to top
- Linking coupons with products
- Store credit/gift certificate of any amount
- Store credit/gift certificate of variable but a fixed amount
- Creating coupon for new users only
- Create a WooCommerce BOGO (Buy One Get One) offer
- Gift a product via coupon – Add product with/without discount
- Setting coupon code length
- Using Smart Coupons shortcodes
- Using ‘Apply Before Tax’
- Compatibility with PayPal Standard
Smart coupons store management ↑ Back to top
Customizing Smart Coupons ↑ Back to top
- Changing, replacing, and overriding emails
- How to customize coupon style in Smart Coupons
- How to change the coupon expiry date format displayed on the website
Smart Coupons and Translations ↑ Back to top
How to guides ↑ Back to top
- How to set expiry time with the expiry date
- How to display available coupons on any page (using Shortcode)
- How to set a maximum discount for a percentage discount coupon
- How to find or search coupons restricted to email
- How to choose order statuses for coupon auto-generation
- How to display any message on cart or checkout after applying a coupon
- How to get a shareable link of a coupon
- How to print coupons
- How to restrict coupon by country, state, city and zip code
- How to copy coupon code from coupon list page
- How to sell gift card at less price
- How to sell gift card of a fixed amount
- How to restrict coupon by payment method
- How to restrict coupon by shipping method
- How to restrict coupon by user roles
- How to restrict a coupon based on product attributes
- How to restrict coupons by product taxonomy
- How to apply single or multiple coupons on click of a link
- How to schedule delivery of coupon
- How to auto-apply coupon
- How to change coupon page URL/endpoint in My Account
- How to display a coupon code notice sitewide
- How to categorize coupons
FAQ’s ↑ Back to top
View all FAQ’s from here.
Feature request ↑ Back to top
Have a feature request for Smart Coupons? Submit it from here: Submit a feature request
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer.