Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
If you want to offer a volume discount or discount based on product quantity in the cart, this feature is quite useful.
You can restrict a coupon based on the quantity of specific products in the cart (example – 10 caps) and also the total product quantity of multiple products in the cart (example – 5 caps + 3 belts + 2 sunglasses).
With this feature of Smart Coupons, you can cover hundreds of possibilities like these:
- Buy 5 items and get a discount of 10%
- Offer a flat 20% off discount when there are more than four products in the cart.
- Apply a 15% off coupon only when there are five T-shirts in the cart.
- Apply a flat $20 off coupon if products from the footwear category are seven.
- Offer 30% if there are 1000 or more fasteners in the cart.
- Apply a $50 gift card/store credit if the minimum number of products in the cart is three. but not more than nine.
- Buy upto 100 items, get 10% off…buy items above 100 but less than 500, get 15% off…buy items above 500 and get 30% off…(this tiered type of pricing will require three separate coupons).
and many other cases…
Quantity discounts help clear stock faster, allow users to purchase more and get bulk discounts. It’s basically the “Buy more get more” offer.
Setting up a quantity-based discount coupon ↑ Back to top
- Go to your WordPress Admin panel. Click on Marketing > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon or open an existing one.
- Choose a discount type – Percentage discount, Store Credit / Gift Certificate and enter the value. Fill in other details as required.
- Now click the Usage restriction tab.
- Under Products, search and select the specific products you want the coupon to get applied to. Do the same for ‘Product categories’ if required. Note – To apply a coupon based on minimum and maximum values irrespective of products added to the cart, skip this step. (For example – Buy any five items minimum and get 10% off).
- Scroll down to locate the ‘Product quantity based restrictions’ option. Here you get two options: Validate quantity of ‘Cart’ or Validate quantity of ‘Product’.
- If you choose the Cart option, you can choose the minimum or maximum or both options for the quantity for the coupon to get applied. Enter the values.
- If you choose the Product option, you can choose the exact quantity for those products or categories you selected in step no 5 above for the coupon to get applied. Note – It is necessary to set at least one product or category for the coupon to validate quantity otherwise the coupon will apply without validating the quantity restriction.
- Publish/Update the coupon.
Note – You can use the product quantity discount in combination with other coupon restrictions like payment methods, shipping methods, etc. for targeted conversions.