Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift certificates, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers.
This doc article explains how you can set up a WooCommerce BOGO free offer on the same product, buy one get more on the same product.
How to set up a buy one get one free offer? ↑ Back to top
For offering the same product, like a T-shirt with a T-shirt, or a book with a book, this is very useful.
- Go to Marketing > Coupons > Add coupon
- Under the General tab, select Discount type as Fixed cart discount and set Coupon amount to 0 (zero). This is because you don’t want to offer the main product at a discount.
- Under the Usage restrictions tab, go to Products. Choose the product on which the BOGO offer will be applicable.
- Under the Actions tab > Add products to cart, search and choose the same product above you have set at zero discount for the BOGO offer.
- Now, since we are doing this BOGO offer for one product and for free, select 1 under ‘each with quantity’ and enter 100% under ‘with discount of’.
- Publish your coupon.
Thus, when a red T-shirt is added to the cart and customers apply the above-created coupon, users will automatically get another red T-shirt added to their cart for free.
In this example, if you want to offer the BOGO offer for some less price or fixed price, then under ‘with discount of’, choose the appropriate value.
How to set up a buy one get more offer (frequently bought together)? ↑ Back to top
If you want to set up Amazon-like frequently bought together items, you can use the above steps. For example, on purchase of a high-end cellphone, you want to give a Bluetooth headset and a protective case together. A solid tactic to increase sales via cross-selling.
- As mentioned above, repeat the same steps. Instead of a T-shirt, the product will be a cellphone.
- Under Actions tab > Add products to cart, search and choose the two products – Bluetooth headset and a protective case.
- Select 1 under ‘each with quantity’ and enter the discount value under ‘with discount of’ to offer these products at a lower price.
Also refer: How to gift a product via coupon