Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
Smart Coupons also provides advanced coupon restrictions based on payment methods, location, shipping methods and others.
This doc article explains how you can restrict the usage of a coupon to specific payment methods.
Some customers prefer only trusted/popular or their local payment gateway while making a purchase. Restricting coupons to these payment methods will encourage your customers to buy from you.
How to configure payment-based coupons?↑ Back to top
- Go to your WordPress Admin panel. Click on Marketing > Coupons.
- Create a new coupon or open an existing one. Enter the required details.
- Go to the ‘Usage restriction’ tab.
- Look for the field ‘Payment methods’. Here, search and select the payment method/s on which you want to allow the usage of this coupon. In this example, the coupon will get applied only when the customer selects PayPal or Stripe as the payment method.
- Set other coupon restrictions as per your requirements.
- Publish or Update the coupon.
Note: You can also club location and payment method restrictions for subscription coupons. For example, apply a 15% off recurring product discount coupon for six months only for customers in Europe and for payment method PayPal.