Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, gift certificates, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how you can sell gift cards of a fixed amount but having varying price options; i.e $10, $50, $100, $200…set within a fixed lower and upper limit.
Offer a versatile gift card system allowing your customers to enter a custom amount or set specific amounts to choose from.
Smart Coupons does not introduce a dedicated product type. Instead, it allows you to use existing WooCommerce product types as a basis for selling store credit/gift certificates.
Coupon setup ↑ Back to top
To allow customers to purchase a Store Credit / Gift Certificate in an amount/denomination of their choice, you need to create a coupon.
- Go to: Marketing > Coupons > Add new coupon.
- Click on Generate coupon code or enter your own code. Important: Coupon code should not have any spaces.
- Select Store Credit / Gift Certificate as Discount type from the drop-down.
- Important: Leave coupon amount blank.
- Enable Coupon Value Same as Product’s Price option. This is the most important step.
- Enter Prefix/Suffix (optional) and other details as required.
- Publish the coupon.
Product setup ↑ Back to top
To allow customers to buy a store credit / gift certificate as a product:
- Create a new Variable product or edit an existing Variable product.
- Associate the above-created coupon with this product under General > Coupons.
- Add attributes to a variable product as explained here.
- Create product variations, where each variation has a unique and fixed price.
- Important: If you do not want to charge shipping for this product, mark product variations as Virtual.
- When a customer purchases any product variation, a coupon with the same price as the variation will be created and will be emailed to him/her.
Important: If you have any coupon in your store, which can be used to buy this store credit/gift certificate, make sure to set ‘Usage limit per user’ under ‘Usage Limits’ to 1. Otherwise, your customer will get real credit at a discounted rate for multiple times, It may result in an overall loss for your store.