Smart Coupons provide a powerful, “all-in-one” solution for gift cards, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
This doc article explains how you can create and sell a gift card / gift certificate / store credit of a fixed amount in WooCommerce.
In case you do not want to allow customers to buy any amount of gift cards from your WooCommerce store, you can set up limited gift cards that have a fixed value. For example, gift cards of $10, $29 and $45.
Creating fixed amount gift cards
To allow customers to purchase a fixed amount gift card / store credit, you need to first create a coupon and then a product.
Watch this video on setting up fixed amount gift cards
For a more detailed explanation, refer to these steps:
Creating a gift card coupon
- Go to your WordPress Admin panel > Marketing > Coupons > Add new coupon.
- Click on ‘Generate coupon code’ or enter your own code.
Important: Coupon code should not have any spaces.
- Select ‘Store Credit / Gift Certificate’ as the Discount type from the drop-down.
Important: Leave coupon amount blank.
- Enable the ‘Coupon Value Same as Product’s Price?’ option.
- Publish the coupon.
Creating a product
- Add or edit an existing Simple product.
- Name the product, i.e., Store Credit / Gift Certificate.
- Under ‘Regular price’, set the amount of the gift card that you want to issue.
- If you do not want to charge shipping for this product, mark the product as Virtual.
- Under ‘Coupons’, search for and select the coupon created above.
- Publish/Update the product.
That’s it. Your fixed amount gift card is now ready.
Follow the same steps to create other fixed amount gift cards.
Your customers can also send the gift card(s) to another person(s) and also schedule the delivery of those gift card coupons.
Important: If you have any coupon in your store that can be used to buy the above gift card/store credit, make sure to set ‘Usage limit per user’ under ‘Usage Limits’ to 1 for that coupon. Otherwise, your customer will get real credit at a discounted rate multiple times, resulting in a loss for you.