User Roles Editor for WooCommerce reduces administrative tasks by automatically assigning and switching user roles with products and cart-related conditions.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the User Roles Editor for WooCommerce.zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin > Choose File (for the file that was downloaded).
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Configurations ↑ Back to top
Within the admin panel, go to WooCommerce > Settings and click Roles Changer Button tab. Here you will find two tabs, Rules & Email.
Rules: ↑ Back to top
To create rules within Rules Settings:
- Enter in a new rule name and click on the Add New Rule button.
- Further specify conditions of the rule by choosing from the below:
- Enable/Disable Rule: If checked, rule will be functional
- Specify Action: Select the option of either Switch the Role or Gain the Role
- From this Role: (displayed if Switch the Role is selected) Specify role user is switching from
- To this Role: (displayed if Switch the Role is selected) Specify role user is switching to
- Select the Role: (displayed if Gain the Role is selected) Select the role the user is gaining
- When to Apply: Select a condition to apply rule for:
- User purchases a specific product
- Order total is within the following price range
- Customer’s total spend falls within the following price range
- User purchases products from specific categories
- Select a Product: (displays if User purchases a specific product is selected)Rules will be applied only on selected products
- Select a price range: (displays if Order total is within the following price range or Customer’s total spend falls within the following price range is selected) set price range using starting and ending price, atleast one needs to be filled out.
- Select Category/Categories: (displays if User purchases products from specific categories is selected) Rule will work on only selected Categories.
- Set a Date Range: (Optional) set date range for rule to be applied, rule will only apply for selected dates(Starting and Ending Date)
- Set Duration for Roles: Role will be reverted after specified number of days.
- Exclude User roles: Rule will not be applied to selected roles.
- Save the rule.
Email settings: ↑ Back to top
Customize the notification emails sent to users when their role has changed with the following fields:
- Sent Emails to Admin: If checked, emails will be sent to Admin.
- Sent Email to Customer: If checked, emails will be sent to Customers.
- Enter Text for Email subject: Set subject of email
- Enter from Name Text: Set From text for email
- Enter Admin Email header Text: Set main header text for Admin emails
- Enter Customer Email header Text: Set main header text for Customer emails
- Choose Header Background Color: Set the header background color
- Choose Header Text Color: Set the header text color
Admin can view User roles history: ↑ Back to top
At the admin panel go to Users > All Users and edit any User profile. Here you can find the User assigned roles history. You can switch back user assigned roles with reason from the given table.