All photos must be added to a Collection. You can either set up the Collection before uploading photos or create a Collection when uploading them.
Create a Collection ↑ Back to top
To create a Collection, go to: Photography > Collections.
Creating a Collection is similar to creating a product category. To add a new Collection:
- Enter a name for the Collection.
- Edit the slug, if necessary – this is used in the URL of the Collection.
- Optionally add this Collection to a parent Collection or add a description.
- Set the visibility of the Collection (see below).
- Optionally upload a thumbnail to represent the Collection.
- Select: Add new Photography Collection.
Visibility for the Collection has two options:
- Restricted – Only customers assigned to this Collection can access.
- Public – Anyone can access.
Photographs aren’t listed outside of a Collection. By default, Collections aren’t shown on a customer’s account page, and you must add a customer to a Collection via their user profile settings.
This allows you to make public Collections for customers to share with their friends and relatives via a URL. Otherwise, only customers who have access permission can view the photos.
Your customers can edit Collection settings on their ‘My Account’ page, if they wish to share photos with friends and family.
Adding a thumbnail to a Collection will display this for each Collection on the My Account page:
Quick Collections Creation ↑ Back to top
You can quickly create a new Collection when uploading images or on the customer profile page:
Select + Add Collection to display a new field and add a new Collection name.
A new restricted Collection with no thumbnail (which you can edit later) is created. To edit the Collection settings, go to: Photography > Collections.
Code Snippets ↑ Back to top
Can I prevent customers from changing permissions for a Collection? ↑ Back to top
Yes. Add this code to the end of your functions.php file, which is located in wp-content/themes/your-theme-name: