To sell memberships with WooCommerce requires the following extensions besides WooCommerce itself:
- Groups – Groups is free and designed as an efficient, powerful and flexible solution for group-oriented memberships and content access control.
- Groups WooCommerce – The extension integrates Groups and WooCommerce and allows you to sell memberships in your store.
Optionally, if you would like to sell group memberships based on subscriptions it also integrates with WooCommerce Subscriptions.
To install Groups, go to your WordPress Dashboard and under Plugins > Add New search for groups …
Click the Install Now button and then activate the Groups plugin.
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce Account.
- On your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New and click Upload Plugin – choose the .zip file you have downloaded.
- Proceed to install and activate the extension.
For additional information see also Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Once you have installed and activated Groups and Groups WooCommerce, you can start creating membership products. Groups WooCommerce allows you to sell:
- Unlimited Memberships based on simple and variable products.
- Time-limited Memberships based on simple and variable products.
- Memberships based on Subscriptions (optional). If you would like to sell group memberships based on subscriptions, install and activate WooCommerce Subscriptions.
For details on how to set up membership products, please follow the details provided in the Memberships section.